GS Custom Bullets. Has anybody tried these?

If we could get some of those polycarbonate tips (like the ballistic tip) and put them in the hollow point on either the 160 and/or 173 gr HV to increase the BC, they would be tough to beat. Any idea where to get some?

Chawlston

Would that not mess with the critical balence of the bullet?
As I understand solid bullets removing parent material and subsituting it with lighter material would change the rotational center of the bullet axial of course. I think this would lead to a unstable condition. If you examine the bullets currently offered that have these ballistic tips they are normally shorter in length than say the same weight bullet of SMK design?
Just a thought in bullet dynamics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Dave

[ QUOTE ]
Would that not mess with the critical balence of the bullet?
As I understand solid bullets removing parent material and subsituting it with lighter material would change the rotational center of the bullet axial of course. I think this would lead to a unstable condition. If you examine the bullets currently offered that have these ballistic tips they are normally shorter in length than say the same weight bullet of SMK design?
Just a thought in bullet dynamics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

It would just be an insertion of the tip into the hollow point. No material would be removed just the polycarbonate tip added. I have some crudely constructed ones ready to go and will test them this week.

James

Be careful with your homemade tips.

Try some light loads because the rotational forces when it hits the rifling are going to be terrible and you do not want this polycarbonate piece coming loose and jamming in front of the main mass of the bullet.

I had a primer pocket go yesterday for an unknown reason and got a faceful of sparks. That and bad eyes is why I wear glasses.

I want to try them in .224,.257,.264,.308,.338 and of course.375. There web-site makes them appear to be the best thing since sliced bread. I did send an e-mail to them yesterday and asked them about the shipping problems. I hope they reply that all is good now. I can see where a guy could really spend some money if they are as they claim they are. Well I can only hope! Is there a safe way to send funds overseas?

Will definately recommend these bullets have done many a hunt with them and like the penetration achieved with this 225gn HV bullet. The amount of meat damaged is also minimal especially considering I'm hunting with the 338. lapua. Just bought a pack of 267gn SP bullets to test on the range and consider using them on smaller game at short distances due to meat damage with most bullets tried.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts