Hornady 53. gr v-max, anybody tried?

New to this site here, and I'm been researching the new 53gr. Vmax. I've got a 22.250 that I'd like to put this bullet in and was hoping someone has tried it already. I'm interested as the 52gr amax is what i've shot, but as I understand it they won't be making it in the near future, but I still am hoping to verify that. Any input would be appreciated.

I contacted their tech support about the 53 gr. and asked if they would stabilize in a 1 in 14 twist and they response was quote: Yes, this will easily stabilize in a 1-14".

Just wanted to share that if anyone had concerns like I did.
This is not what I heard from a Hornady tech guy last week. He said they would do best in a 12" twist, but... if you got the velocity up to 3700 or better it should do fine in a 14" twist.

-Mark

I'm shooting them out of my weatherby with maddco barrel 1 in 10 twist and find that it loves them ,24 grains of ADI 8208 half inch groups no problem.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts