Anybody hunting or shooting with their wife/girlfriend?

My wife used to go with me occasionally when I had a lease that was only 3.5 hours away from the house. Now that the place I normally hunt is 6.5 hours away, she won't go anymore. That's ok though because my 6 year old son can't stand it when I go to the ranch and leave him at home. I've got him shooting a bolt action 22wmr and he has gotten really good with it. I have a 300BO that I built for him to hunt here in TX with, but he has yet to want to shoot an animal and I'm ok with that.

They are both going with me to Africa in June and I'm taking a 6.5 Creed incase either of them decide they want to take an Impala or something along those lines while we're there. My wife does love to shoot her pistols and AR, and says it is a great stress reliever for her. I'm hoping to get her shooting the 6.5 at longer ranges on steel, I think she will like the instant gratification of hitting the steel like some others have said.

1ADAD973-B194-4771-A79F-DBE6B60735E8.jpeg
I have taken mine a few time. She's has two elk and one deer under her belt in four different years. She doesn't love going, but usually if she draws an elk tag she will go. That area is easy for her to get in and out of, and I do all the heavy grunt work. We have separate hobbies when it comes to what we like and that's ok.
Notice the purple rifle. It's her "unicorn" hunting rifle. It's the simple things in life right?!

My wife is a crazy lib. Like SJW lib. I have no idea why or how we got married lol...we get along fine, but from my many hobbies/passions she thinks I am some kind of savage. I just tell her I am the alpha male she's always needed to keep her *** in check. She survived 3 deployments with me so she's a keeper. haha

But to answer your question...no she does not hunt with me.

PS. I am seriously jealous of all you guys who have wives and girlfriends who like to hunt and shoot. It's like finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

My wife started hunting in archery with me , she has killed a couple bucks with a crossbow
I use to take my wife hunting with me all the time, we didn't get much hunting in though. She has killed her share of deer and caught a boat load of fish. She gets mad now when I go and don't take her.
lol its hard to get hunting in when the wife is there :)

My wife is a crazy lib. Like SJW lib. I have no idea why or how we got married lol...we get along fine, but from my many hobbies/passions she thinks I am some kind of savage. I just tell her I am the alpha male she's always needed to keep her *** in check. She survived 3 deployments with me so she's a keeper. haha

But to answer your question...no she does not hunt with me.

PS. I am seriously jealous of all you guys who have wives and girlfriends who like to hunt and shoot. It's like finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

I agree - I am also a little jealous...yet still grateful she lets me do my thing! Haha

My wife isn't into hunting or fishing. I'm into both. We have been married for 15 years this year. For the longest time, I did my thing (hunting and fishing) and she did her thing. Just last year, my son (9 years old) passed his hunter safety course in New Mexico so he was able to go hunting for the first time. We got him a youth encouragement cow elk hunt. My son wanted my wife to go so My wife did everything with us. She camped, hiked, stalked....everything. She was a real trooper. So it's gonna turn into a yearly thing now. Kind of cool.

Cool thing is, she loves cooking and eating the game that we kill.

Last edited:
My wife loves terminating varmints from a bench. She loves hiking but cross country hiking for big game doesn't fall into that category.

Mt GF loves to hunt, shoot, fish,etc. but loves to be coddled and the center of all my attention, so if she comes along I really don't get to hunt but more like we are hunting for her. She is a great spotter and loves to glass, pretty good shot too !

My wife was never into hunting when we met, but seems to really enjoy it now as long as it is above 10 degrees. Actually planning on going out to Wyoming on a Muley/antelope hunt in 19. Shes much more into shooting, still doesn't understand all the lingo, but if i set up her rifle for a range she is a good shot. I shared some photos from our wedding, still cant believe she agreed to it. We even had custom 6.5 Creed brass made with our name and wedding date we gave out as party favors.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1548787144917.jpg
    FB_IMG_1548787144917.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 161
  • FB_IMG_1548787073158.jpg
    FB_IMG_1548787073158.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 155
  • FB_IMG_1548787057606.jpg
    FB_IMG_1548787057606.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 160
  • FB_IMG_1548786955964.jpg
    FB_IMG_1548786955964.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 171
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts