Any 35 Cal fans out there?

Do any of you load pistol bullets for plinking or small game in your 35s ?
I like the BLR in .358 Win for bush hunting, need a grouse load for fools hen.
If you use cast, you can use "the load" of 13gr red dot. Most any pistol powder will work for plinker type loads. H4895 supports reduced loads, or 10gr trailboss can get you in the vicinity.

I have 3 35 cal rifles. 35 Whelen, 358 Winchester and 35 Remington. I'm shooting 225 gr Accubonds and 225 gr Barnes TSX in the Whelen and 358, and 200 gr Sierra game kings in the 35 Remington. I've killed about a dozen deer between the three rifles. And all deer either dropped on the spot, or never ran more than 20 yards. The round is very accurate, and is devastating on game.Ive only found 1 bullet from deer and it was from the 35 Remington, and it mushroomed perfectly, the rest were pass throughs, meat loss has been low. I've never taken the Whelen or the 358 for elk, I usually take a 300 Weatherby just because the shots can be long. I'm a big fan of the 35 calibers just due to the devastating effects it has on the game, and also the accuracy on all three rifles has been fantastic. What I like about the Whelen is that with 225 gr Accubonds, they are about as flat shooting as the 30-06 with 180 gr bullets but hits harder and penetrate deeper. I know they're not long range rounds, but anything under 400 yards is in trouble with the Whelen. When I final go to Africa, the 35 Whelen will be coming with me. Any other fans out there?
350 Rem Mohawk..carbine..reminds me of my 3rd wife....real pretty to look at....but mean! That short little gun kicks like a mule....

I have 3 35 cal rifles. 35 Whelen, 358 Winchester and 35 Remington. I'm shooting 225 gr Accubonds and 225 gr Barnes TSX in the Whelen and 358, and 200 gr Sierra game kings in the 35 Remington. I've killed about a dozen deer between the three rifles. And all deer either dropped on the spot, or never ran more than 20 yards. The round is very accurate, and is devastating on game.Ive only found 1 bullet from deer and it was from the 35 Remington, and it mushroomed perfectly, the rest were pass throughs, meat loss has been low. I've never taken the Whelen or the 358 for elk, I usually take a 300 Weatherby just because the shots can be long. I'm a big fan of the 35 calibers just due to the devastating effects it has on the game, and also the accuracy on all three rifles has been fantastic. What I like about the Whelen is that with 225 gr Accubonds, they are about as flat shooting as the 30-06 with 180 gr bullets but hits harder and penetrate deeper. I know they're not long range rounds, but anything under 400 yards is in trouble with the Whelen. When I final go to Africa, the 35 Whelen will be coming with me. Any other fans out there?
Look into the 358 STA I have one you will love it for everything. I have dropped White Tail bucks at 120 and 160 yards. Also have the 35 Whelen 35 Remington. Have built a 35 Whelen AI for a friend of mine very accurate also.

Wished I never sold my Whelen. One of the many rifles that someone talked me into "selling". I also had a 358 Winchester I had bought from a shooter who had a Pre64 70 custom stocked, and it was heavy but a super accurate rifle, and a joy to look at when the hunting was slow.

I built two 35 Whelens with Krieger barrels with 1-10 twist special order. 1-16 is way to slow for modern high BC bullets. Both rifles sport 25 inch" tubes. When Sierra's loading manual VI came out with super fast loads for the Whelen with the two above mentioned powders, I started to work on loads. Sierra lists CFE 223 max at 70 grains behind their 225 gr bullet and 71.6 of Power Pro 2000 MR. 68 grains of CFE 223 averages a little over2800, and Power Pro 2000MR does the same with 69.2 grains. I have not ventured any higher, both loads are accurate and easy bolt lift. Remington once fired cases, Winchester WLR primers (The old SS primers) I would say if the 70 or 71.6 grain loads listed by Sierra are safe and the 24" inch velocity is 2900 then that is faster then the 338WM with the same weight bullet. Phenomenal performance from this old timer. YMMV.

35 Whelan, 35 WhelanAI, .358 STA, 225TSX, 250 Speer GS, 3031, 4064, N204, 4350's, Love the 35's almost as much as .338's - other than 45-70 would Prefer a 358 if in Bear Country - my 358STA w/250SpeerGS @ 3000 fps. Comfortable w/anything on this Continent

the AI gives slightly better performance? But I like the more dramatic shoulder - and for us Ole Guys the Whelan is Mild to shoot (I have a 7600 & Mauser 98) 😉😉