Any good 375 bullets out there

bigrich954rr

Is there any 375 bullets out there that that would be good for long range but aslo are of a strong/harder design not match like.

why would you want a stronger/harder bullet, than a match type bullet for long range hunting? i think T-rex died a while back!

i too would like to see a high BC bullet in 375, but i'd rather have a "match type" for long range hunting.

I use the Accubond 260 (BC in the upper .4's as I recall), seems fine for precision to about 600 yards (my test limit) and works fine up close (~80 yard raghorn elk last fall one shot through the left front upper leg bone = dead).

I second Dave Kings experience.

For "near" Long Range (to 600 yards) I use the 260 Nosler ABs, ahead of 101 g of 4831 SC in my .375 R.U.M..

It is a screamer, as flat as a .270!

It usally prints 3 shots into sub half inch at 100 yards when I do my part. At 600 yards I can rapidly shoot 5 shots into 6", or sometimes even less.

I am going to hunt moose, caribou, and maybe griz (solo 15 day float) this fall here in Alaska. I chose the .375 RUM over my other RUMs due to the fact that a close encounter with a griz up here is a real threat, and the kinetic energy from its muzzle to 100 yards is devastating with the 350 g Woodleigh.

But for the LR stuff I will switch to 260 Nosler Accubonds.

I will post the results.

The picture is with the 350 g Woodleighs. Smashing energy, although I have yet to shoot past 300 yards. They did well there with 3 shots going into 3".

The recoil is abit stiff!

311676.JPG

The 300 gr TSX is about the highest BC 375 bullet on the market now that is practically priced. I have been trying to get Richard Graves to build some heavy ULD RBBT but his die maker is giving him the run around so I do not know if this will happen or not.

If we had a quality 375 bullet with a BC comparible to the heavy 338 bullets I think that caliber would really take off for long range hunting.

Kirby Allen(50)

[ QUOTE ]
The 300 gr TSX is about the highest BC 375 bullet on the market now that is practically priced. I have been trying to get Richard Graves to build some heavy ULD RBBT but his die maker is giving him the run around so I do not know if this will happen or not.

If we had a quality 375 bullet with a BC comparible to the heavy 338 bullets I think that caliber would really take off for long range hunting.

Kirby Allen(50)

[/ QUOTE ]

Kirby, it's funny that you mention this and that this thread was brought up in the first place, as I was getting ready to start one myself. READ my LAST POST. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

BTW, Bill Shehane has supposedly started experimenting with the .408 CheyTac necked down to .375. Read "Big Toys for Big Boys?" at the bottom of this page. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Looks like the demand may indeed drastically increase!!!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I agree 375rum would get real popular with the right bullet available.Something w/a .7-800bc would gitter done and then some.Mike

Ceg, those Woodleighs sure do deliver some punch. I think they will be great for CQ grizz.

So a 15 day solo float??? that sounds great.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Alg,

Yep... I have waited a life to do the float in Alaska bit. A great opportunity for 4 species. You are right, the Woodleigh's are a hammer in the Ultra Mag.

I am going to put them to the test at 500 and 600 yards real soon.

Honestly though, they suck real bad for recoil on the bench! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
350 gr bullet, 375 dia, 90 gr of powder.....does that kick?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nahhhh; probably no more than my .416 Rigby elk load of a 325 gr bullet, 416 dia, and 110 gr of powder. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.