Another type of varmint

Southern Arizona has a good population. I've seen a pack of 20 of them coming down a slope flipping heavy rocks over looking for whatever lives there.
My late friend told me they will destroy chicken coops, dogs or whatever comes in contact. About the size of raccoons in height and weight. They are rather noisy and don't care. They'll eat regardless.
It`s a South American raccoon and member of the same family.

Sitting a water hole in unit 22 and had one of them come in . Damm thing was noisy as a hell. I had the 300 wm on him 3 times but didn't realize I could shoot it . My hunting buddy came across one in 6a and had video of it on a archery elk hunt . Dad saw a little one on a muzzleloader hunt in 6a a few years back . There out there .

These things are all over Mexico, I go to Play del carmon every year in February and they are thick on the golf corses down there and will come up to your golf cart looking for something to eat. I didn't know they were so vicious. Last year I saw 30 in one group.

Haven't tried to eat one. Heard of possum stew but not chula stew. They're not so cute and cuddly when you look at the mouthful of teeth they've got. When they are young you'll see them in packs up to 20 or so all about the size of cats. As they get older they become loners. The Mexicans call them soleterios.
They do look like they could give someone or something a hard time for sure. lol

On the San Pedro River at the ranch we had problems with an abundance of chulas(coatimundes). They are much bigger and worse than racoons. They would go for the chickens and cattle and horse feed. Chulas are really bad around dogs. They enter into a fight willingly and will tear a dog apart. One of our cow dogs got into a fight with a large male chula and though I managed to shoot the critter, by that time Peggy was pretty torn up. When the vet came over she spent more than four hours stitching that dog back together. Lion hunters hate when their pack mobs a chula, they'll kill it, but will be pretty torn up in the process.
Pooooo- Yieeeee😳

Aka Ringtail cat, Coati, etc. I've seen them a few times in 35A down by Parker Canyon Lake and in the Canelo hills below the Huachuca Mountains.

Coatimundis​