Another type of varmint

Aka Ringtail cat, Coati, etc. I've seen them a few times in 35A down by Parker Canyon Lake and in the Canelo hills below the Huachuca Mountains.

Coatimundis​

I saw them in 29 .

Saw a little one near Fredericksburg, TX on our deer lease many years ago, 2 coyotes were eating it. They are mostly nocturnal, friend near Llano used to be a big coon hunter at night with dogs, and he'd tree them occasionally

I hope they can't cross the mighty Mississippi. We don't need any more pest in North Carolina. keep it quite our government might import some in for us.
We'll be glad to give you some Grizzley Bears from Montana. Everybody wants to protect them. So I feel everybody should have one of them in their backyard. Especially in Mexico-North (aka Calif)

There's a funny story about a member's wife on the deer lease: she swore she saw a monkey and the laughing was merciless. I saw it later and was almost on the edge of joining the monkey camp (large animal with weight, very dark brown, funny waddle but fast, very long tail). I only saw it for a flash when I came around a turn. All the alternatives like racoon and ringtail didn't work. Having seen Coati when I was young I realized what it was; just very dark phased coloring. I'm in central TX and it's the only one I've seen in the wild after lots of hours in the woods. All that I have seen before at zoos were colored about like a racoon.

Saw a little one near Fredericksburg, TX on our deer lease many years ago, 2 coyotes were eating it. They are mostly nocturnal, friend near Llano used to be a big coon hunter at night with dogs, and he'd tree them occasionally
I'm pretty sure there is a difference in the coatimundi and the ringtail cat from central Texas. We have enough issues with the pigs than to deal with these animals that can rip a dog up. Be glad we don't have them.

Recent Posts