another long range bull!

goodgrouper

Darn it. Typed up a nice story to go along with this thread and when I went to post it, this **** server had logged me out and I lost the entire thread!!! Len, this sucks! Logging in twice to type one post stinks. I wish we could go back to the old format of a few years ago! Now I only have time to put up a paragraph and some pictures.

Bull number 2. Five days later. 670 yards. One shot, one kill. Much nicer bull. Used the 300 grain SMK instead of the 225 AB. Mushroom found on opposite side just under hide. No bone encountered. Nice wound channel through the lungs and big shock to the vitals.
Happy hunter. Sore muscles.

PICT0427.jpg

PICT0428.jpg

PICT0432.jpg

Darn it. Typed up a nice story to go along with this thread and when I went to post it, this **** server had logged me out and I lost the entire thread!!!

If I think I may be typing a long post, I open up a word processor or notebook on my desktop and save it. Then that way if something happens, you have the original copy.

Nice pictures. I love his symmetry. Looks great! 2 thumbs up!!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

iSnipe

AWWW man when I saw your post I was looking forward to a good story. If you get a chance please share with us, I feel cheated darnit. That is a good looking bull congrats.

Congrats, Blair, good shootin' and a good Bull ( and a bunch of good friends ) You've waited a long time for this tag and you did yourself proud !!! It doesn't hurt to have GG and the Thunder around when you need to go long. LOL!!!

We need to start calling GG , Paladin, and get business cards printed up that say, Have Gun, Will Travel !!!! The ol' Thunder has added up a lot of yardage in the last few years!!!

Great job Grouper, as always!! You have "unselfishly" helped a lot of folks get the Job done over the years !!! -------- RHB

PS-- please rewrite the story on Word and paste it here for us. I'm sure everyone is interested in hearing the tale.

Nice bull! How come you guys didn't cape him out? Hell, even if you don't mount them, there cape is still worth $100.00.

Way to go GG! Another happy hunter!
What will he score? Maybe 340+? A shooter in my book for sure. I have 6 elk points now for Utah, can't wait until I draw a tag for a crack at those big bulls!

Congratulations GG, was expecting to see a thread about a long range elk kill from you.
+1 with past posts: please rewrite the story, it looks like we all enjoy reading your hunting threads.
Great buck, thanks for posting.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts