Annealing vs not?

Thank You so much for that David!!! I'm not sure if I'm missing the boat on the annealing concept. Good luck to you. Hope you let us know what you discover.

340PR You have first hand knowledge here so in the video below can you tell me why they used 2 rifles ?Rifle A unannealed brass and Rifle B annealed brass 20 shots each. I think the fact they use 2 rifles voids that part of the video. The information on the pc screen in the video does not agree with what they are saying so I will trust the software on the pc more. Rifle A 1st 10 shot group .4 2nd 10 shot group .4 Rifle B annealed brass 1st 10 shot group .3 2nd 10 shot group .5 according to the software in the video.

The 1000 yard video they shoot the unannealed group then before they shoot the annealed group the wind caller talks to the shooter about better wind corrections and surprise surprise he shoots a smaller group.

Why did they feel the need go after the competition here?

On the two different rifles issue, I noticed that, but was not involved in that portion of the study..
I didn't see your comment "going after the competition" on the second Video, so no response on that.
As I mentioned previously, They are great folks, who are passionate about their work. You should contact them for the finer details of the study. Our team was focused on data collection (the most fun part)..

340PR You have first hand knowledge here so in the video below can you tell me why they used 2 rifles ?Rifle A unannealed brass and Rifle B annealed brass 20 shots each. I think the fact they use 2 rifles voids that part of the video.

Here is a link to the AMP site that explains why they used two rifles.

I'm sold! I have to anneal every time? Maybe I'll try that with my 6mm PPC. I need a better setup to shoot 20 shot groups on 1 case!

We anneal to get more consistent neck tension. Yes, it does help with the brass life. But it's a race with the primer pockets where annealing has no effect. With most brass you will more likely start to loose primer pocket tension before you see over working of the neck shoulder area, thus whether you anneal or not, your brass has the same life span.
I concur to a point! This has direct correlation on the type of load you are using! My primer pockets go first also, but if loading light they will last a few extra loadings, but then you face case deterioration so annealing will help with that!

I get a lot of life from 300 WSM with annealing....I'm on about 10 times with quite a few brass. I did the first 6 without annealing....started finding weird holes at base of the neck and necks quit sizing predictably. now the same brass after culling the ones with holes and annealing seem like new.

Full power max plus loads. Winchester brass.
Can you take a pictures on the holes. I would think if you are developing hole the brass would go into the trash or recycle bend. If you are developing holes at the base then you have case stretch and long pass dropping them into the recycle bend. Generally annealing extends the life of the case until the primers pocket fail.

Can you take a pictures on the holes. I would think if you are developing hole the brass would go into the trash or recycle bend. If you are developing holes at the base then you have case stretch and long pass dropping them into the recycle bend. Generally annealing extends the life of the case until the primers pocket fail.
Sorry...I couldn't find pictures. Yes, all brass with holes was scrapped. I had some brass from the same lot, same number of loads, but no holes. I annealed it in the annealeez. It has been loaded a couple times more.

I had excessive radial stretching due to neck turning with a factory chamber.

That brass was getting hard enough that you could feel the neck tension reduce due to the necks being too hard to size. I could measure that too.

So if I decide to anneal , is the "Annealing Made Simple " ( or Annealing Made Easy ) machine the best way to go??? I think that's its name??? I've got some 270 Win Cases that are past #6 Reloading and some may be past #8 Reloading . I think its over due time??!!
Amp annealing made perfect