Annealing Services vs Buying an Annealer

My comments -

If it's getting red, its too hot. You're now past the temperature needed for annealing and the brass is too soft. Feel free to use Google and do more looking.
Or, check out these videos:

If you don't get it too hot, you don't need to put them in water. Water quenching does not stop or help anything with regard to brass annealing.

The first 25 seconds of the first video says otherwise.
Here is a couple more video's

The # 2 video he has a .3" 4 shot group at a grand. Not bad for over annealed brass.

I do not mean to be rude, but I just do NOT understand the obsession with safety, (or rather, perceived lack thereof), as regards salt bath annealing. I've seen these arguments on other forums as well.

With thinking along those lines, don't ever mention, (God Forbid!!), bullet casting activities! The world would surely end!

Sorry in advance,
I know this one will offend some, but feel I have a valid point,
Vettepilot

I do not mean to be rude, but I just do NOT understand the obsession with safety, (or rather, perceived lack thereof), as regards salt bath annealing. I've seen these arguments on other forums as well.

With thinking along those lines, don't ever mention, (God Forbid!!), bullet casting activities! The world would surely end!

Sorry in advance,
I know this one will offend some, but feel I have a valid point,
Vettepilot
Agreed I just don't get it! Salt Bath Annealing is no more dangerous than anything else on your bench that you do! Yeah you have to use caution! Again like everything else! Use Common sense and don't drink it don't sit over top it so you don't sweat in ti. Don't mix with water! Cmon. Just be smart. I am new to loading and I use that system for cost savings and I am lazy lol. Don't want to mess with changing out this and that for different cases and sizes. I ust the C Shooter solutions insert for multi caliber and my buddy built me a PID for my Lee pot. Eazy peazy!

I also am not trying to fan any fires, but even me being green to this all am capible of molten salt and casting lead projectiles with the 4 20 pot.
What ever you do just be smart and be safe and most of all enjoy the fruits of your labor!!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.