Allen Mag Shooters Group

To 375 Allenmag shooters, How have these been shooting for you? What bullets are you using? How far have you been shooting them? I have one in the works, should be in my hands in a few months. Anyone made any kills yet? I can't wait! Thanks, Cinch

cinch,

I'm in the same boat as you. There aren't too many of 'em out there yet. One, the original topic of this thread went so afrika, I think.

The last installment of parts (scope) is in the works, then settle up on total payment and the pile of stuff turns into a work of art.

There was only one near kill, actually a near miss, and that was when my "bean counter" it costs HOW much!?!?!?:rolleyes:

Bullets, if and when they become available with be 350 SMKs. However there are some in the design stage that should be good.

Good luck

Do any of ya'll with a 7mm AM live near Houston. Tx? I would sure like to try one before I put an order in with Mr. Allen.

If you were to have access to some hogs to shoot I could probably be persuaded to transport my rifle out to Texas. I have some down time between the end of goose season and the beginning of turkey season when I have nothing to do.

BB,
I wish I had access to some good hunting here, but I just moved to Houston area from west Texas to get my Doctor of Chiropractic school started. Havent gained access to any good hog areas yet. You will be the first person I tell when I do get some hog country located.

Gentlemen what is the expected barrel life of the 7mmAM vs .338AX for hunting. I could use it until it opened up to 1 MOA or better as most shots would be inside 700 yards. I am guessing the 7mmAM would burn up twice as fast? Are the heavy wildcat 7mm bullets available and how much do they cost?

Wade Carlson

I have a 270 win that I had built for LR shooting. Thinking of sending it to Mr. Allen to rechamber for either the 270 or 277 allen mag. Just wanted everyones opinion. It has 1 in 10 twist.
Thanks

I just put an one of Mr Allen's medium 3 port breaks on a 7 rem mag sendero barrel and went to the range. It is freaking awesome!!! Kicks like a 223 at most! My girlfriend is 5'2" 105 lbs and she's trying to steal my rifle! I was able to spot my shots @ 100 yards with my Leupold set on 14 power. Mr Allen is an artist!!! Cant say enough good things about his product! Just in case anyone was interested in his breaks.

Mr Allen is an artist!!!

YUP!!!

And by now I bet you know everything you need to know about converting that Win to a AM.........

In my book what Kirby says goes and I don't even ask any questions of him. I just wait for the work to be completed and go shootin'.

Good luck w/the girl thing. My grandson 110 lbs has a great time with my 338n RUM prone......:cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.