Alberta Whitetail hunt, 7mm Allen Mag results.....

Dave,

Will be looking forward to your results on game since you are the first I know of to have the heavier jacketed 200 gr ULDs.

I believe you got the first 1-7 twist barrels as well, seems to be a pattern here............. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good luck and keep us posted on the results.

Kirby Allen(50)

Thanks you everyone for the kind words.

Jimm, Honestly you do not want me to smile in my pics, you think I am ugly now!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Believe me I was smiling on the inside!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby,
Happy for you, congratulations.
I had the oportunity to hunt in Colorado, it was nice. We saw about 300 Elk and about four of them were legal, you know one side had to have four points minimun. My only oportunity was a shot up hill at 878 Yards, right at sunset in a huge canyon that gets darker faster... Just impossible to get him out the same day, not sure I would have found it the next day, biggest cliff I had seen, I passed it up. To be honest I had practiced out to 840 yards and I think I would have ventured the extra 38 yards. The next day again we seen many Elk but the closest was 1200 yards... I thought about the 7MM AM... I do not regret my decision and did really have an awesome time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I hope next year, God willing, I'll be ready for 1200 yards though I still haven't figured out how I'll get him out of this place without taking 3 days...
Congratualtions to you again!

Great story to end the first test of your 7AM! To have such a buck as that is just icing on the cake. Congrats to you Kirby and Richard for making all come together.

Aww man,

you're not really ugly, and I know you were doing more than smiling inside , cartwheels more likely /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Mucho happy's for your success, Jim Brown

p.s. Yes , I do want you to smile at such happy events , besides the rags would rather put a smiling mug in their pubs . See ! you gotta please the censors ! God bless Kirby , good hunting !

Jim Brown

Must be tough having to settle for a 150 class buck!!! Sounds like you had a great time. I hope those mits didn't cause any brain damage, I may need your expertise on an upcoming project!!!!

Kirby,

Congratulations on your awsom buck. Sounds like the 7mm AM
is a hammer with the 200 gr bullets.
Way to go!

Regards,

JD338

I'm glad to hear you had a great trip up here in Canada...when are you planing to immigrate? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Congrats Kirby,

Richard told me he was having to keep you in line with those mitts. Sounds like it was a hell of a hunt and I can only imagine how much you can learn with a guide like that.
Would have liked to have seen a pic of you and Richard with the buck

Great job on the shot and the story as always, you really make us feel like we were there with you

Congrats again Kirby /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Steve

Let me add in my "attaboy"
Steve shot a medium sized mulie with the XP using the 200 WC and had basically the same performance.
His range was right around 300 yards, but of course his MV was slower to start with.

Will Richard make the 200 grainer with the lighter jacket in the future or will all of them be made with the heavier jacket?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.