Alberta Whitetail hunt, 7mm Allen Mag results.....

Kirby Congrats on the Buck! Great story as well. I always feel like I was there with your stories. If you get a chance could you email those pics to me of your deer and rifle. My firewall won't let me view the pics on the interent. Thanks Kirby.

XP,

I am not sure if Richard will still offer the J-4 jacket option or not. He may, just have to ask him. Would be better for the handcannons for sure.

Kirby Allen(50)

Great Buck and Great story!
Congratulations Kirby.

You know, the only reason I have been checking this site lately, was to see the results of this hunt. I wasn't dissappointed. We all thrive thru good hunting stories.

Thanks,
Vic

nice buck,sounds like you had had lots of fun.I shot my buck 200km north of you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kirby,
I will ask him.
I would like to have the option of a big high BC bullet for hunting with the specialty handguns in 7mm.

Kirby, I'll second those five stars. Great story, good info, nice deer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

XP,

Just talked with Richard and he said he would be keeping the J-4 jacket option as he has tested some of the new J-4 jackets and they formed very well in 30 cal. So yes they will still be available as an option in the 200 gr ULD RBBT 7mm bullets.

Kirby Allen(50)

GG,

Talked to Richard tonight and he said he would be willing to point form the meplat to the customers request, within reason of course.

Obviously the wider the meplat the more BC would be lost but it sounds like Richard would be willing to work with a customer. He intends to keep the meplats as are on the standard bullets though as performance has proven very reliable so far and nothing yet has made him feel that he should open the meplat up for more expansion.

I would agree with him, much better to have the bullet open up inside the chest cavity then on the impact.

Kirby Allen(50)

Victor and others,

Thanks for the kind words, hope you all had or will have a great hunting season as well. Please post all the stories as well, they are all great to read.

Kirby Allen(50)

That's good to hear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I didn't want the potential to pencil an elk or deer at longer ranges. Well, at what I would consider longer ranges for specialty handguns.

Re: Congrats on your hunt and results.....

It's always great to get together with quality folks from other parts of the world. I have learned that in the past several years distance casting with some folks from the other side of the pond. Your hunt and results are well worth the work, aggrivation and other concerns which led up to the final product of your rifle and Richards bullets.

The outcome was taking a top quality trophy, using top quality products which you both put in the time and effort to make happen. In my book nothing could top that experience.

Looking forward to working with both of your products in the future. I got some serious hog issues down here which are looking better and better the more you test things out.

Congrats also 50-- what a great hunt u guys had. Mine was the easiest hunt i've had in awhile. As soon as i get the CD back to load pics, i'll post my results. But the bullet peformed exactly like yours, with about quarter-size exit. BUT i'd meplat uniformed them some, and in fact actually drilled out the center of the meplat with a Forster Hollow Pointer on some of them once meplats were down about .055-- just in case, i needed a backup shot. 320 yds. APS 7-270 WSM XP-100. 1.5 "stadia units" below center crosshair according to range sticker, and bullet impacted center chest perfectly broadside. Buck ran <50 yds. 2386 mv, .75 BC/impact vel.-energy = 2130-2018

Mike,

Well, the best part of my job is dealing with guys like you and alot of others on LRH. ITs nice to have things so relaxed and comfortable between all of the members.

There was alot of time, money and effort put into everything to make this hunt happen, it was all well worth it in my opinion. Meeting my friend Richard face to face was the highlight, getting a great buck was just icing on the cake.

Thanks for the kind words.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.