Ace Barrels

Are they part of the Obermeyer family tree like most cut barrel makers?

They didn't just wake up one day and say, "gee we should make cut barrels," did they?
Actually, I think they did! I know the guy who's involved in it and it started back around 2015 I think?Im not sure what hoops they've jumped through since then, but it seems to have taken off. Ive heard they're top notch. Im going to call them this week and see whats going on over there.

Am I nuts? Don't answer that.

I thought that all cut rifled barrels stemmed from some ancient military barrel making equipment rebuilt into CNC barrel making equipment via some conversion process Boots started, passed down and then his employees spun off and improved upon that.

Did Ace make cut rifled barrel equipment from the ground up? Hmm…

Did Ace make cut rifled barrel equipment from the ground up? Hmm…

Mark began his career as a Tool and Die Maker with a passion for shooting sports and hunting. He later owned and operated his own Gunsmith business, serving the hunting and competitive shooter markets alike. His passion and expertise in both firearms manufacturing and engineering drove him to design proprietary equipment to meet the highest standard of precision rifle barrel blank manufacturing.

The entire historical process of making gun barrels, not just rifle barrels, is fascinating to most of us involved in the industry. There is lots of information available on the internet in case you can't find real books.

Enjoy the search!

:)

I have shot their barrels for 10 years now. I will not go into details about their processes, but they are top notch. They are not new kids on the block and they know their stuff. Go to their website and read the About Us tab. Both are close friends of mine but I don't write this because of that. Jerry and I talk at least daily. For a number of years he was the only one that touched the barrel steel. Their rifling equipment was designed and built by Mark. His credentials are off the charts, he is an exceptionally brilliant man. They have now expanded and are offering their barrels to the public but there are only three people in the shop. I don't expect this to change, as they are about quality over quantity. They stand behind what they sale 100%. I'm sure it won't be long until they will be buried in orders and we'll be waiting for barrels just like everywhere else.
At this time, they offer 30, 6.5, 7 and 22RF. Other calibers are on the way but it takes time.

Last edited:
I have shot their barrels for 10 years now. I will not go into details about their processes, but they are top notch. They are not new kids on the block and they know their stuff. Go to their website and read the About Us tab. Both are close friends of mine but I don't write this because of that. Jerry and I talk at least daily. For a number of years he was the only one that touched the barrel steel. Their rifling equipment was designed and built by Mark. His credentials are off the charts, he is an exceptionally brilliant man. They have now expanded and are offering their barrels to the public but there are only three people in the shop. I don't expect this to change, as they are about quality over quantity. They stand behind what they sale 100%. I'm sure it won't be long until they will be buried in orders and we'll be waiting for barrels just like everywhere else.
At this time, they offer 30, 6.5, 7 and 22RF. Other calibers are on the way but it takes time.

Thanks for that! That's why I love this site. Someone always knows someone on here and can give good info.