Brux vs ace barrels

I am not familiar with Ace. The Brux cut rifle barrels are simply the smoothest I have ever seen, and they make a sheet show of some of the other top-name cut rifle brands.

You can trust Krieger's close second, and their customer service, before, and after the sale. I have one Muller, 7T 223, jeez, what a shooter, not a copper fouler either.

Customer service after the sale is a huge issue with me, performance, not a line of BS.

Have your gunsmith bore scope your barrel before chambering. I bore scope mine before sending them to the gunsmith, learned the hard way, several times. It is common practice for a lot of gunsmiths to chamber a customer's barrel "as is". If there are issues with the barrel sent to him, that is on the customer.

Last edited:
Hunt2Shoot has done a couple podcasts with ACE. They sound like they are top notch. They are cut barrels and the owner is extremely knowledgeable about machining and metallurgy. I just got a Bartlein for a new build but may order a ACE for the next one.

Not sure why that matters...

Brux has a solid reputation. I've shot out a few of them. I "think" that ACE was a barrel manufacturer that went belly-up years ago, then resurfaced but I could be talking out of my backside. I had what my gunsmith called an ACE 30 cal ~10 years ago that shot everything I fed it very well.

Not sure why that matters...

Brux has a solid reputation. I've shot out a few of them. I "think" that ACE was a barrel manufacturer that went belly-up years ago, then resurfaced but I could be talking out of my backside. I had what my gunsmith called an ACE 30 cal ~10 years ago that shot everything I fed it very well.
Exactly! You just validated my point.

I'm interested in both because the are within 10 dollars of each other and only have experience with brux.

Call Ace and talk with them. You will not be disappointed!!

@buckbrush You certainly would be talking out your backside.....they have been in business since around 2010-2011.

Call Ace and talk with them. You will not be disappointed!!

@buckbrush You certainly would be talking out your backside.....they have been in business since around 2010-2011.
Definitely not the first time. ;)