Brux Barrels

Southern Precision Rifles is going to put a Sendero contour Brux 26" barrel with 1:9 twist on my 7mm STW.

For you folks that have shot Brux, have you been pleased with them?
I had 6 rifles rebarreled with Brux Barrels in 2021. They all shoot sub MOA. One was rebarreling a Win 70 from a 270 WSM to a 6.8 Western, a beautiful gun. I can't say enough about the quality of their barrels. There is a 5 month wait as they are so busy. 5 Stars ***** to Brux.

Was your 26 nosler with a saami chamber or customed to the 156 Berger? What contour Brux?
I had mine chambered saami before the 156 hit the market. I believe it is a #4 contour with skip flutes.

Attachments

• IMG_20190825_185923798_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190825_185923798_HDR.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 59
For you folks with Brux barrels, did you do a break in procedure or just proceed with shooting right off the bat?
I went for it... I wasn't aware I had a short throat ( gs said saami chamber) so I started with ammo from the last barrel for sight in... Needless to say, the mild stuff was hot and the normal stuff opened up a couple of pockets before I figured out what was happening,.,, Needless to say, I put the fire to it and she's a 1/2moa pipe...

I love my Brux barrels! I currently own two, both are #5 stainless heavy sporters. I also have 2 Bartlein's that shoot amazing. All of my custom barrels look really good in my borescope but the Brux barrels are a thing of beauty on the inside! Best of luck, Jason
Any Borescope pictures of your Brux barrels? I just picked up the DD Delta 5 pro and I have never seen a bore that looked like this. Compared to my other rifles there is no comparison-I hope it shoots as good as it looks on the inside.

I'm pretty sure Brux bbls hand laps their barrels twice in their barrel making process. Great credit needs to be given to Eric Cortina & Ken Clemens for their combined efforts to make such a great Interview possible , while I don't personally know Eric , I'll consider him a Great spokesperson for our Sports and I'd be Proud to shake his hand and talk with him someday. I've talked to Ken Clemens off and on for about 5 years approximately over the phone , He's as Kind as he is Professional and I've know him personally about 1.5 years just wish I'd have picked up the phone earlier . I'm saying this of my Own free will and no one paying me ! But I want my fellow Brothers & Sisters to know what fine people these two Men are , thks & Cheers!!!.

Southern Precision Rifles is going to put a Sendero contour Brux 26" barrel with 1:9 twist on my 7mm STW.

For you folks that have shot Brux, have you been pleased with them?
All the rifles we have had built in the last few years between my father and I have Brux barrels and they have been very accurate and consistent. We have them in 6mm BR, 6mm Rem, 6.5 PRC, 223 Rem, 7mm STW, and 7mm LRM.

I'll buy Bartlein, Brux, Proof (steel), etc., whichever has the twist/contour I'm looking for. There's really more differences in the brand than between them from what I can see. They all have a lemon here or there.

Recent Posts