Accurate innovation stock

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone used these if so do you like'em,dislike or what

[/ QUOTE ]

My cousin in Mississippi just ordered one. He is having it sent to me to skim bed it and to have the barrel installed on his action. I will make a posting when it arrives on the quality, fit, finish etc.

James

GAR

I have used AI Stocks with very good success.

I like the feel of wood and these stocks address
the issue of movement due to changes in humidity
with the use of a full length aluminum beding block.

For heavy recoiling rifels I prefer laminates for
strength and weight.

J E CUSTOM

Garsticker; I have been a dealer for A.I. for about 4 years and use his stocks on rifles that I build. I finally went to Rapid City last Sep to visit with them. They are a small company that turns out a very high quality product. They are also very busy and normal delivery time on a finished stock is about 90 - 120 days. The stocks are excellent drop-in fits as delivered and for extreme accuracy are great platforms for skim bedding. My brother and I have built several rifles together, usually with Shilen barrels. The best so far is a 7-08 with 3 shots in .053" at 100 yds. It's bedded into an A.I. laminate stock. We built a MkV Wby in .30 x .378 with a Shilen bbl bedded in an A.I. laminate that shot 5 rds into .091" at 100 yds. Another Hart barreled MK V .30 x .378 in a walnut A.I. shot .209" at 100 yds.

Every rifle that I've built on A.I. stocks so far has shot 1/2 moa or better, and every rifle that I've re-stocked with A.I. has shot as well or better than with the stock it was in; including some aluminum chassis composites. They frequently change ammo preference, tho.

For the rifles that my brother or I build, we usually base delivery to the customer on the arrival of the A.I. stock. They are worth waiting for.

Their website is www.accurateinnovations.com

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.