Accuracy issue...help! I possibly know what is going wrong.

savage says it is 1in9.5 which should stabilize 140s no problem...
It is very possible that the twist is not exactly as advertised. Buttoned barrels can vary +-1/2". That said it does not sound like a twist problem. If your sling stud is hitting the front or rear rest compounded with the bouncy table it will cause your problem. This is my guess.

Your story reminds me a bit of when I bought my daughter her rifle when she started to hunt. Like most things in my life it was all happening in a hurry as antelope season was coming fast. I bought here a 7-08 Vanguard youth rifle that came with two stocks. Because we were short on time I decided to purchase a couple boxes of factory ammo. Went to sight it in at 100y and let her shoot it a bit and have enough ammo left to go hunting. Rifle would only shoot a 6" group at 100y. NOT good. I ran home and pulled the rest of the ammo and put together a load that was under the book max and ran back to the range. The rifle then duplicated the target that came with it from the factory. Sub 1". A few days later she shot a great buck.

That was the last box of factory ammo I ever bought.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.