A-Tips in stores?

BC on the 135 's seem legit but have only taken them to 654 yards...they are purdy.

I'm going to build a 26 Nosler just to shoot the 153's. As unlikely we will ever see the Bergers 156

I have a 6.5-06 AI with a 1 in 8 twist. I was lucky enough to set aside five boxes of the Matrix 160 gr. VLDs, but my supply is now dwindling. Looks like these are coming along just in time.

I was looking at the 153 A Tips and I just don't get it..
Their BC is just a tiny bit more than a 147
ELDM (.704 vs .697), but the price is 100 percent more!
The heavy .308's look sweet but I'm waiting on hunting reports before I spend the money.

It costs more more for the aluminum tip inserts, both for the tip and the production process. If b c holds up and they shoot well, I'll pay the extra. Especially if they perform on game.
I'm always leary about match bullets on game but I'm guessing with the aluminum tip and 153 gr. weight it may be good. Jacket probably thin. Great b.c. tho !

I made aluminum tipped 30 cal bullets with sierra jackets for my 30/375 S. I. for years and they could not be beat for long range on game! I think the Atips will likely work very well. if there's a problem, it will be too explosive at close range so pick your spot.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.