7mm Hornady A-tips

snox801

Can’t wait to see how these work on game more than the one or two we know of now.
I’m having Kirby do a load with the 390gr in my 375AM when he gets them.
Also thinking of using them in my 30sherman just hoping they work on game well. Not so much with the .375 cause that’s a big hole but the 30 will need to expand especially at distance. The hammers will get me out a long way then I could switch to thewe but if they don’t open it wouldn’t matter.
Are you planning on hunting with these or just targets?

RH300UM

imartin

Actually a little less. I don’t have the measurements with me. I am at work now.
Pressure were at the same weights as the 195’s for me on these 2

RH300UM

Are you planning on hunting with these or just targets?
I have to do more testing, including shooting into media before I commit to that.
I’ve had great performance from the 195’s in this cartridge I would need to see what results the ATips give.

Rhovee

Jeff Broz and Ryan Avery had some kills with the 30 caliber A Tips. Both concluded they were more explosive than Bergers and decided to switch back for hunting.

Scposey

Jeff Broz and Ryan Avery had some kills with the 30 caliber A Tips. Both concluded they were more explosive than Bergers and decided to switch back for hunting.
So Berger’s perform better for hunting?

Rhovee

I haven’t used them myself. But each one of those guys are well respected and took multiple deer and elk with 230 Atips.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce