A-Tips in stores?

NV220swift

Was able to pick these up at my local sports store today and was a little surprised to see them. Just wondering if people are seeing them where they are located awell. Thanks for your time.
20190615_150311.jpg

My local guy sent me a picture of some of the 6.5 ones but they were $80 for a box of 100 that's a little rich for my blood. Not even Berger's are that much.

It costs more more for the aluminum tip inserts, both for the tip and the production process. If b c holds up and they shoot well, I'll pay the extra. Especially if they perform on game.
Curious to try to these new ogives, but I expect we'll have to wait longer here in Europe before getting them... I'd like mostly to understand what will be the best twist rate for the 250 gr./300 cal. and how it will perform on game...Thanks for advising as soon as somebody of you guys will get the first tests with.

Curious to try to these new ogives, but I expect we'll have to wait longer here in Europe before getting them... I'd like mostly to understand what will be the best twist rate for the 250 gr./300 cal. and how it will perform on game...Thanks for advising as soon as somebody of you guys will get the first tests with.
I think 9 will be minimum but you may be better off with 8-8.5 especially if you are low elevation

I just picked me up a couple boxes of 6.5's nearby.
The Scheels across the state had 6mm a week and a half ago.

Both places only had the 1 caliber and the place that had the 6mm had those for the past 2 weeks. Sales guy said they have not gotten anymore since the initial shipment.

They seem to be slowly trickling in.
Waiting to see the 30 cal.
They need to get the 7mm & 338's started as well.

PS. The boxes come with a Hornady cloth bag as well. Was not expecting that. Probably why they are twice the price lol

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.