7mm Hornady A-tips

Huh. Interesting. I can push 199 Hammer Hunters in my .300 norma improved at 3300 with absolutely no pressure signs. And burning around 91 grains of N-570. I guess with your increased powder charges and smaller projectile I'd have expected these to fly quite a bit faster based on a .300 norma case. How did they "pattern" on the target?
I believe I've always heard that the larger diameter and bearing surface allows for a greater pressure to build up increasing velocity. That's why a .308 will push a 160 grain bullet around the same velocity a 260 will push a 143 grain bullet. I always thought that the smaller lighter bullet be faster.

It's actually the other way around. The bigger the bore the less pressure. Think of the 30-06 pushing a 150 grain bullet at 3000 fps but a 270 with a 150 will only do 2900. They are all using about the same amount of pressure its how big a hole can you force it through. The bigger the hole the easier it is to push it out with same weight projectile.
Shep

N570 will give faster speed in the 7 but torches the throat rapidly.
The 300 RBH on the other hand will push the 230 berger @ 3160 with N570.
N570 in the 7 bore is not one I'll use.
Yes this is from experience

I have no doubt of your experience but mine is different with n570. I have fed my 28nosler n570 it's whole life and I have over 600 rounds through it. I only shoot 3 at a time though and letting it cool down. Still shoots one hole and still shoots great at distance. RBROS rifle by the way. That's just my experience.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.