A&D FX120I and V4 worth it?

Your probably right I am very new to reloading. At this point we are hunters not target shooters. Other than checking a scope or other equipment we never shoot off a bench. We own our own shooting range.
The difference is 57.2 could be 57.20 - 57.29... May or may not make a difference depending on what you're trying to accomplish. Prior to using the V4/A&D I just trickled until one kernel took me from 57.1 to 57.2.

The difference is 57.2 could be 57.20 - 57.29... May or may not make a difference depending on what you're trying to accomplish. Prior to using the V4/A&D I just trickled until one kernel took me from 57.1 to 57.2.
That is how I do it also. I trickle the last couple grains. Might bite the bullet for the scale just because I like new things. But there is so much I don't understand about reloading yet that I don't know that a big$ scale will help me that much. Half the stuff people talk about in reloading I am totally lost?

Your probably right I am very new to reloading. At this point we are hunters not target shooters. Other than checking a scope or other equipment we never shoot off a bench. We own our own shooting range. Most of it is set up for tactical pistol training. But we do have 18 steel gong targets and a running elk target. But they are all set up under field shooting conditions. Such as off your back pack or a stump etc.Am I wrong in saying that 57.2 grains with my equipment is the same as 57.2 grains with the FX? May take me longer but 57.2 is 57.2 please correct me if I'm wrong.
People trust what a digital readout tells them. This is not a good idea. Especially when that digital readout is attached to a strain gauge.

The magnetic force restoration is better, but in a $500 unit... its still not as if your display will tell you what's actually going on all the time.

The fact is that the A&D FX120 is significantly better than anything offered by any of the "big box" reloading companies. Yet despite being one of the first people to get a Autotrickler V4... I didn't rush out and sell my Prometheus. Just as the Autotrickler is way better than other units... the Prometheus is way better than the Autotrickler. I can load 500 rounds in a single session on the Prometheus, and it will never overthrow and never underthrow... and dispenses a charge to the exact kernel every single time, within a second of the same time, every time. I have never experienced anything even close to that with the V4, or any other powder measure.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

That is how I do it also. I trickle the last couple grains. Might bite the bullet for the scale just because I like new things. But there is so much I don't understand about reloading yet that I don't know that a big$ scale will help me that much. Half the stuff people talk about in reloading I am totally lost?
People need to stop thinking about arriving, and instead think about the process.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Ok guys still pretty new to reloading. Me and my wife have 6BR ,6.5x284,6.5 Grendel. Only reload for the 6.5x284 now plan on reloading for all. We do not shoot competition just for fun and hunting. I have a Hornady dispenser now and another scale that I check against. Is spending over 1000$ really worth it for what we do? Or am I just jumping in that rabbit hole deeper?
Hey Nuclear
Hope that you and your family are doing well and in good health during these turbulent times.
We did some trades or selling in the past I think for 140 SGKs.
Jill and I should be getting our V-4 Auto Trickler any day. We can't wait. Already Have the RCBS M1000, Chargemaster Combo, Gem Pro, Dandy Trickler. If you are just for hunting and fun -not loading volume any of the ones I mentioned will do. Just get something that you will be satisfied with as far as price and then speed/accuracy.
Too bad we were not closer we could let you use some of our scales to make a decision.
We can't wait to get the V-4 because we do volume and competition.

Thanks
Len & Jill

Hey Nuclear
Hope that you and your family are doing well and in good health during these turbulent times.
We did some trades or selling in the past I think for 140 SGKs.
Jill and I should be getting our V-4 Auto Trickler any day. We can't wait. Already Have the RCBS M1000, Chargemaster Combo, Gem Pro, Dandy Trickler. If you are just for hunting and fun -not loading volume any of the ones I mentioned will do. Just get something that you will be satisfied with as far as price and then speed/accuracy.
Too bad we were not closer we could let you use some of our scales to make a decision.
We can't wait to get the V-4 because we do volume and competition.

Thanks
Len & Jill
Thanks for the offer. Hope you guys are doing well also. You are still welcome to come up Walleye fishing!

Ok guys still pretty new to reloading. Me and my wife have 6BR ,6.5x284,6.5 Grendel. Only reload for the 6.5x284 now plan on reloading for all. We do not shoot competition just for fun and hunting. I have a Hornady dispenser now and another scale that I check against. Is spending over 1000$ really worth it for what we do? Or am I just jumping in that rabbit hole deeper?
I would say no.

If you are getting good results with what you have there's no need to spend that kind of money on another scale, especially in that price range.

Unless you're one of the one in a hundred million or so guys who is utterly flawless in all of the other things that go into making the perfect shot I seriously doubt you're ever going to notice any sort of measurable improvement taking it to that level.

If you can get every load to within .03gr or less That's probably going to do it and do it quite well for you.

I would say no.

If you are getting good results with what you have there's no need to spend that kind of money on another scale, especially in that price range.

Unless you're one of the one in a hundred million or so guys who is utterly flawless in all of the other things that go into making the perfect shot I seriously doubt you're ever going to notice any sort of measurable improvement taking it to that level.

If you can get every load to within .03gr or less That's probably going to do it and do it quite well for you.
Yes I do get my loads closer than that. I hand trickle each load. Yes it takes me forever but between my Hornady dispenser and my 2 other scales each load weight is the same. Maybe all 3 scales aren't perfect but if they all give the same reading then I am okay with that for my loads. If the load is 57.2 on all 3 scales but in reality it's 57.4 as long as I always have the 57.2 readout in my process and my gun likes it in my mind I should be good to go? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Like I have said I am very new to all this.

I have to do my reloading in my garage I don't load when it's real cold because of no heat have any of you had your fx120 scale in the cold will it hurt it. David

Yes I do get my loads closer than that. I hand trickle each load. Yes it takes me forever but between my Hornady dispenser and my 2 other scales each load weight is the same. Maybe all 3 scales aren't perfect but if they all give the same reading then I am okay with that for my loads. If the load is 57.2 on all 3 scales but in reality it's 57.4 as long as I always have the 57.2 readout in my process and my gun likes it in my mind I should be good to go? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Like I have said I am very new to all this.
I can't really see where you're going to see a measurable improvement for the money if you've already got 2 backups to verify your weights.