8mm high bc hunting bullets ?

Swamplord

This particular bullet has been in the making for over 3 years !

due to the circumstances the world was unexpectedly steered into .... there were times where I thought this bullet would never taste burning powder, the loving arms of rifling in the barrel and slicing through the atmosphere at 3200+ fps

but sometimes when you set a goal and persist in attaining that objective .............
miracles do happen

hot off the magic machines that carve copper, we have the very first 500 pcs of the ...

Badlands Precision 250 gr SBD2 8mm Death Star bullet with a .900 g1 bc (subject to verification) , a long range hunting bullet made super slick to capture the highest bc possible in the .323" bullet diameter, which requires a min. 1:7 twist barrel due to the profile of the bullet ... and I have those on hand ...

Ladies & gentlemen.... we have achieved the impossible & we thank the Badlands Precision team for the fantastic work and never wavering from the project

Got my fingers crossed that my 8mm Wolverine brass will be made soon and we can proceed with the rest of the mission

D72F312D-654C-4FF9-9D97-DEF73B4191DF.jpeg

17AC5E63-0D9B-4CDD-93B9-96E7AC1FEAF7.jpeg

This particular bullet has been in the making for over 3 years !

due to the circumstances the world was unexpectedly steered into .... there were times where I thought this bullet would never taste burning powder, the loving arms of rifling in the barrel and slicing through the atmosphere at 3200+ fps

but sometimes when you set a goal and persist in attaining that objective .............
miracles do happen

hot off the magic machines that carve copper, we have the very first 500 pcs of the ...

Badlands Precision 250 gr SBD2 8mm Death Star bullet with a .900 g1 bc (subject to verification) , a long range hunting bullet made super slick to capture the highest bc possible in the .323" bullet diameter, which requires a min. 1:7 twist barrel due to the profile of the bullet ... and I have those on hand ...

Ladies & gentlemen.... we have achieved the impossible & we thank the Badlands Precision team for the fantastic work and never wavering from the project

Got my fingers crossed that my 8mm Wolverine brass will be made soon and we can proceed with the rest of the mission

...View attachment 373764
View attachment 373765
Dang! Looking forward to your build and test results.

a long range hunting bullet made super slick to capture the highest bc possible in the .323" bullet diameter, which requires a min. 1:7 twist barrel due to the profile of the bullet ... and I have those on hand ...

You have barrels on hand?

If yes, who is the manufacturer? Length? Price?

Otherwise ordering a 1:7" twist now in 8mm will be a year's wait at least. Not many orders for 8mm barrels unless you use Lothar-Walther.

It would be helpful to know the overall length of these bullets.;)

Thanks!

You have barrels on hand?

If yes, who is the manufacturer? Length? Price?

Otherwise ordering a 1:7" twist now in 8mm will be a year's wait at least. Not many orders for 8mm barrels unless you use Lothar-Walther.

It would be helpful to know the overall length of these bullets.;)

Thanks!

2.025" bullet length is on the boxes... in second pic

I'll confirm eta on new barrel orders and post info here tonight

bullets can be ordered direct from Badlands Precision, call George to place orders, bullets are not on their website yet

To order 8mm (.323 caliber) barrel blanks, contact Mike @ KS ARMS, I talked to him last night and have his approval to post info here,

Average cost for 8mm barrel blanks is around $400 USD (depending on contour & length) and lead times are currently 7-8 weeks .... they can make 1:6.5 twist & slower either in 6 groove or 5R rifling

sometime this week I'll take a lineup pic with the other fantastic copper 8mm hunting bullets from Hammer, Cutting Edge and Barnes along with the usual lead core jacketed bullets

The 8mm is now long range hunting capable and surpasses the bc's in 7mm & 30 caliber... don't let anyone tell you otherwise

Last edited:
Thank you for KS arms info. Looking to re barrel an 8mm Rem Mag. The Jensen 210 grain bullets were my favorites for many years. Hammer bullet in 221 is a good choice also for elk/moose. Thank you for posting this very useful bullet info.

Could someone provide more info on 8 mm Wolverine case dimensions, expected velocites, where to find reamers, where to find brass, etc. I would like to compare to 8mm Rem Mag specs.

the 8mm Wolverine was originally off 500 Jeffery brass but has been altered significantly to where you can't use 500 Jeffery brass anymore, the same for the 338 Wolverine, 375 etc.

the 8mm Rem Mag is nowhere close in case capacity

Swamp lord, what is your guess on velocity, etc…. I have not heard of a 8 mm wolverin, Ed-gee-Kate us please.. you live in the land of large animals, perfect for testing large caliber cartridges 👍🤝🍺🇺🇸

Did you mean a 200 grain AB Coy Shadow Tracker. or have i missed the 220 grain AccuBond. I have shot Sierra 220 grains