8.6 Creedmoor

Still don't get the point. Built to be subsonic and I guess be slightly heavier than 300 blackout.

Maybe it will be a feasible subsonic hunting round which would be neat... but still have to find a bulletin that expands at 8-900 FPS.

I just don't see what it does over 300 blackout other than make you buy a 338 can also

7MM life starts at the 7RM or 280AI and goes up in power/speed from there, not down.
Why not? Would be a better hunting alternative than the 6.5 variant if you were stuck with the short action and wanted to take something like elk. Launch 180s and I think it could be a pretty potent long range target cartridge. Although, not sure it would do anything my 6.5 already does with the 150 Sierra matching. Just thinking out loud.

Why not? Would be a better hunting alternative than the 6.5 variant if you were stuck with the short action and wanted to take something like elk. Launch 180s and I think it could be a pretty potent long range target cartridge. Although, not sure it would do anything my 6.5 already does with the 150 Sierra matching. Just thinking out loud.
I need to go crack open my P.O. Ackley manuals and see if this has even been tried? I don't have them in my shop, at home.
I love a GOOD 7MM anything.

Well I was looking at the possibility of setting up a subsonic hunting rifle and this cartridge to me seems better than the alternatives I've found. It shoots a bigger bullets than the .300 Blackout yet fits in a short action better than the .458 socom with the heavier bullets.

Still don't get the point. Built to be subsonic and I guess be slightly heavier than 300 blackout.

Maybe it will be a feasible subsonic hunting round which would be neat... but still have to find a bulletin that expands at 8-900 FPS.

I just don't see what it does over 300 blackout other than make you buy a 338 can also

On one hand Lehigh Defense makes a line of expanding bullets designed specifically for subsonic cartridges and on the other since Hornady is developing it I would imagine they will offer a larger version of their Sub-X bullet.

Right so it's a slightly heavier 300 blackout.

Unfortunately unlike BLK comes with all the negatives of the ar10 platform (in a semi) which aren't awful but are inconvenient compare to the ar15 platform. Heavy, $$$, no mil spec. It could be a bolt gun and that goes out the window but then you have a pistol stock on a bolt gun or a tax stamp fee and screw that.

That's a pretty narrow slice of the pie for the usefulness of a cartridge.

To clarify, if it turns out to be an awesome subsonic hunting cartridge then he'll yeah I would be interested it's just weird imagining the cartridge getting enough market share to be successful from only that.

I need to go crack open my P.O. Ackley manuals and see if this has even been tried? I don't have them in my shop, at home.
I love a GOOD 7MM anything.

I don't think you will find any reference to subsonic cartridges in P O Ackley's books, because he was all about improving performance and efficiency.

J E CUSTOM

I read somewhere guys messing with a 7mm creed. Running 162s over 2800.
Just for fun, I made a 7MM Creed a few minutes ago, with a 175 ELDX.
IMG_0097.JPG
IMG_0099.JPG