22 Creedmoor

So I'm going to build a 22 Creedmoor AR platform . Any suggestions on what parts to get ?

Well, i could be wrong but im pretty sure that's gonna require a large frame. So I'd check out Stagg Arms.I've built a couple rifles on there receivers. Quality stuff. Not sure how familiar you are with Large Frame AR10 builds but their pain in the butt. Not everything is compatible like it is with the AR15 platform. I'd go ahead and grab the lower, upper and BCG from STAGG. Whatever you do, just make sure the upper and lower is purchased from the same Manufacturer. They don't all match up. It's not a standard profile.Also make sure your bolt and barrel are DPMS cut. Not the Armalite. Also. Make sure to get an adjustable gas block. AR10's can be difficult to tune to you'll want hat adjustability in the gas block

I've got the majority of my AR barrels through Compass Lake Engineering. Most have been Douglas. White Oak Armamant is another great company. Great foils and easy to deal with. For an AR is a 22CM I'd run an 18" or 20" 1:8T Rifle Length Gas, SPR Contour Muzzle threaded 1/2x28

I know you didn't ask but if it was me,
I'd build the 22 CM on a bolt rifle and run the 224 Valk, 223 Wylde or maybe even a 6ARC, in a small frame AR15. I try to keep my AR's in calibers that I can Buy in bulk. Hand loading for AR's sucks…not
A lot of support out there for 22CM's

just my .02

Last edited:

Lower parts kit doesn't come with the Trigger but rhe AR15 / AR10 triggers are the same. I run Gissellle SSAE's in mine. Great duty trigger. Nice a crisp.

Either one of those companies will Spin your up a barrel in the caliber / twist / contour / gas system you want. They offere barrels from CM Criterion to stainless Douglas. Shilen. Bartlien and Kriegers. You'll want t send them your bolt whe you place your order so they can head space it properly.

I've had good luck building ARs by getting a complete kit and adding a lower. I would look for a kit for a 6.5 creedmoor and buy the whole kit then swap the barrel for the 22 creedmoor barrel you want. Lots of the problems associated with home brew AR builds come from the mix and match of cool parts that actually don't work well together.