22 creedmoor

Zhelton

Anyone here shooting this? Seen some stuff on predatormasters about it and seems like a fun fast 22 caliber. For those of you that are shooting a 22 creed what platform did you use and twist? Also if you had it to do over what would you change if anything?

There was some pretty good info at predatormasters with the 75 amax and 80 berger. Just curious now. I havent ever had a fast 22 caliber other than 22-250 so might be a fun gun to shoot

There was some pretty good info at predatormasters with the 75 amax and 80 berger. Just curious now. I havent ever had a fast 22 caliber other than 22-250 so might be a fun gun to shoot
I really don't know much about it... just heard about it earlier today. I've always loved shooting my 223 and recently started shooting a 6.5 Creedmoor so all of this is intriguing to me.

I would love to try one.

I would guess it is neck to neck with the 22-250ackley. I've been shooting a slow 14 twist Ackley for a few years now. It is a great predator round and absolutely blows prarie dogs to shreds. I'm shooting 50 grain z-max's at 4,000 fps. Hard on barrels, especially in a good dog town. My barrel is right at 1,000 rounds and is toast, but to be fair I've ran it hard several times shooting till I couldn't touch the barrel. If I wasn't set up for the Ackley I would build a 22 Creed with a 7 or 8 twist barrel. I have one more 14 twist setting on the bench to burn up then it's on to the 8 twist Rock setting next to it.

In my area, I don't know anyone who has built a 22 creed but there are a lot of 22x47 Lapua's among coyote hunters in my area.
I became very impressed with the 22x47 at a monthly club match when a coyote hunter kicked our prs shooters butts in a 20mph wind day with shots from 300 to 1130.
All I know is he was shooting 90gr Bergers as fast as he could push them.

It would be the same as a 22-250 improved with a 30degree shoulder angle. I know Ernie Bishop has one in a xp-100 that out shot everyone at wy-shot last year.

In my area, I don't know anyone who has built a 22 creed but there are a lot of 22x47 Lapua's among coyote hunters in my area.
I became very impressed with the 22x47 at a monthly club match when a coyote hunter kicked our prs shooters butts in a 20mph wind day with shots from 300 to 1130.
All I know is he was shooting 90gr Bergers as fast as he could push them.
I am learning so much... I have only recently started learning about wildcat cartridges. What is a 22x47? 22 caliber bullet and... ?

Well im gonna go ahead and take the plunge and build one. Will be looking for barrels and supplies . Looking at a 1 in 7 twist. Hopefully i will have it up and running soon..
Yes... let us know how it goes! What are you hoping to shoot with it?

Had one for over 2 years now, you dont have to fire form brass like 22-250ai , simple change to creed die set is easy without buying new die set, feeds out of aics mags great, it sends 80 grain pills over 3500 and makes short work of everything it hits

Kinda graphic, but heres the aftermath of an 80 amax on a yote at 275

Attachments

• 01207B6C-3E43-48C9-9533-7A92A2B7263E.jpeg
    01207B6C-3E43-48C9-9533-7A92A2B7263E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,039
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.