22 Creedmoor issue

You may find after you get a couple hundred of these nice mild proper pressure loads through it... you'll pick up velocity right there at that same load without changing anything.

If that doesn't happen by 250rnds in... then it's likely the barrel will have loosened up sufficiently where it will allow you to work up in charge weight a bit and it will give up a bit more velocity that way.

In a 26" barrel, a velocity of 3400fps with a 75-80gr class bullet is pretty reasonable. Most people run them much hotter. Typically you can expect 25fps per inch down to 22", while 22" down to 20" will likely be 30fps per inch, and 20" down to 16.5" will likely top out somewhere near 40-45fps per inch. So that's a basic guide you can follow to have a rough ballpark idea. Yet the fast/slow barrel individual performance can vary by as much as 150fps, as per usual.

Now that you've got it running well... hammer some rounds through that thing!!!! Have fun! ;)

22 creed is one of my all time favorite cartridges, even still.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

You may find after you get a couple hundred of these nice mild proper pressure loads through it... you'll pick up velocity right there at that same load without changing anything.

If that doesn't happen by 250rnds in... then it's likely the barrel will have loosened up sufficiently where it will allow you to work up in charge weight a bit and it will give up a bit more velocity that way.

In a 26" barrel, a velocity of 3400fps with a 75-80gr class bullet is pretty reasonable. Most people run them much hotter. Typically you can expect 25fps per inch down to 22", while 22" down to 20" will likely be 30fps per inch, and 20" down to 16.5" will likely top out somewhere near 40-45fps per inch. So that's a basic guide you can follow to have a rough ballpark idea. Yet the fast/slow barrel individual performance can vary by as much as 150fps, as per usual.

Now that you've got it running well... hammer some rounds through that thing!!!! Have fun! ;)

22 creed is one of my all time favorite cartridges, even still.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

I truly appreciate your input.
Thanks
H

I was able to sneak a range trip today at lunch time, loaded 12 rounds @ 40 gr, one hole gun, no issues cycling. I'm new to sub 7mm rifles, and they are a pleasure to shoot! Now I'm looking to build another gun, 25 Creedmoor, 6 Creedmoor 🤣. Thank you all!
Stick with the 7mm …go 7 Creed

I like it a lot! Very easy to load, but so is all my creeds (.20,22,24,25,26,28)

Working loads up now for 150-168gr…if the weather will cooperate

if you plan on doing more than one Creed, I would just buy the SAC Creed sizing die

That's awesome! I'm always looking for the next best thing, need to save a bit and get into one of those. Broz at LRO talks wonders about the 25 PRC, let's see, now the hunt for parts begin 🤣