7saum Mile shot

Skyking has made good shooting videos previously. As far as gun and ammo go he has the right tools for the job. Conditions aren't going to be perfect for watching bullet trace every time.

Bullet bumper you can take the video for what it is, or not . No need to **** all over someones thread.

First off great shooting.

I just love how people that watch video's and then pick them apart. The video's that i have made and put on u tube. There's is all ways someone that has to come on and tell every one that it's not a 1000 yards and go into detail how he can judge distance off of the video better than the man shooting. If you r going to watch these kind of videos you just have to take it for what it's worth and take the mans word for it. No one really know the truth. In this video it is as clear as day light on every target there is a solid hit no doubt. On the rock it is hit both times on the left side second shot higher than the first shot. I just made a video of shooting my 50BMG out to a 1000 but the way it looks as i zoom in it doesn't look like a 1000 I don't even think it looks like a 1000 but it was. It just hard to tell so there is know need to go bust a guys balls over watching his video if it doesn't look right just let it go. R go make the perfect video so every one can see one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off great shooting.

I just love how people that watch video's and then pick them apart. The video's that i have made and put on u tube. There's is all ways someone that has to come on and tell every one that it's not a 1000 yards and go into detail how he can judge distance off of the video better than the man shooting. If you r going to watch these kind of videos you just have to take it for what it's worth and take the mans word for it. No one really know the truth. In this video it is as clear as day light on every target there is a solid hit no doubt. On the rock it is hit both times on the left side second shot higher than the first shot. I just made a video of shooting my 50BMG out to a 1000 but the way it looks as i zoom in it doesn't look like a 1000 I don't even think it looks like a 1000 but it was. It just hard to tell so there is know need to go bust a guys balls over watching his video if it doesn't look right just let it go. R go make the perfect video so every one can see one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ooopps looks like you need a new place to shot..... this place just burned up!

Skyking-

First of all, that is awesome!

Second, what made you try Retumbo?

Third, what kind of ES/SD are you getting?

Is that a compressed load?

I've never seen anyone try Retumbo in such a small case before, but it seems to be working well!

Skyking-

First of all, that is awesome!

Second, what made you try Retumbo?

Third, what kind of ES/SD are you getting?

Is that a compressed load?

I've never seen anyone try Retumbo in such a small case before, but it seems to be working well!

Thanks!
I started with 4831sc but was getting to much pressure and not the speed. I then tried H1000 and ended up with Retumbo. Each time you move to a slow powder your pressure drops. The trick is if you can get enough powder in the case to get the speed back. The long barrel helps with slower speeds. A lot of the bench rest guys in Australia are using Retumbo with the 180vld's Yes it is a little compressed load. Powder fills to just below the bottom of the neck. ES was 9 over 6 shots.

Skyking;

I have been working on a "Build" for the last 5 Months and I am looking for a few pointers..

Have taken a Winchester 300 Mag with a 24 inch barrel, in a Model 110 FCP
Savage. and in about 3 weeks I will get a new Barrel from "Criterion", 30 inch
7MM that is going into it.. Making a 7MM 300 Win Mag.

My hope is to make the mile shots with consistency??

My question is this;; Has any one got some suggestions on a load for my
New toy???

Knapper

I'm having a 7saum built up right now. I don't know the details other than 28inch barrel on a Rem 700 LA. Just now been collecting the reloading components for it so i'm glad to see some footage of one being fired!

Meaning no disrespect, I did see the hits on the circular targets but (unless I missed it) I don't know their size. The hit on the big rock at a mile confirms that the rifle will reach that far but the rock appears to be the size of a small house which would not make the shot particularly remarkable.
IMO, a bit more information would lend a lot of interest to this otherwise well produced post.

Skyking;

I have been working on a "Build" for the last 5 Months and I am looking for a few pointers..

Have taken a Winchester 300 Mag with a 24 inch barrel, in a Model 110 FCP
Savage. and in about 3 weeks I will get a new Barrel from "Criterion", 30 inch
7MM that is going into it.. Making a 7MM 300 Win Mag.

My hope is to make the mile shots with consistency??

My question is this;; Has any one got some suggestions on a load for my
New toy???

Knapper
My suggestion would be to go with the 7mm STW instead LOL You'd be in a lot of very good company!

Meaning no disrespect, I did see the hits on the circular targets but (unless I missed it) I don't know their size. The hit on the big rock at a mile confirms that the rifle will reach that far but the rock appears to be the size of a small house which would not make the shot particularly remarkable.
IMO, a bit more information would lend a lot of interest to this otherwise well produced post.
The text with the video tells us the black dots are about 2".

First shot after the music ends at the 1000yds target is on the edge of the black at about 8 o'clock.

Next is the 900yds target. Hit looks to be about 5 O'clock 2" outside the black give/take.

Next is 800yds, hit about 2 O'clock just on the edge of the dot.

Next two are just about dead center in the black.

The two shots on the rock are within about a foot of each other about midway up along the edge of the shadow just below the point. You can see the second shot impact and dust and the white speck it leaves fairly clearly if you go full screen. The other appears to be about a foot left in the shadow.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.