7mm WSM vs. .270 WSM

We have the Matrix 165 and 175gr and the 169.5 Wildcat and there are a couple more in the pipe line that all have a .650 to mid .700's BC.

If you romp on either one you can make one edge out the other, or if you have a fast barrel, very little difference between the two. I just prefer the 270 WSM and the quality of brass.

We have the Matrix 165 and 175gr and the 169.5 Wildcat and there are a couple more in the pipe line that all have a .650 to mid .700's BC.

If you romp on either one you can make one edge out the other, or if you have a fast barrel, very little difference between the two. I just prefer the 270 WSM and the quality of brass.

Bng,
I just got 2 boxes in the mail of the "couple more in the pipe". If I can just get enough time to load & test em before Oct. 1 deer season......
If it works out ill send you & our buddy more pics. Did you get the bear pics a couple weeks ago on your phone?

I vote 270 WSM. I'm just bias that way.

Bng,
I just got 2 boxes in the mail of the "couple more in the pipe". If I can just get enough time to load & test em before Oct. 1 deer season......
If it works out ill send you & our buddy more pics. Did you get the bear pics a couple weeks ago on your phone?

I vote 270 WSM. I'm just bias that way.

I was going to have a pile of them shot up by now but due to a chain of BS I still haven't, I have one barrel that should handle them fantastic and it's been hung up getting Nitrided. If ever thing goes good I'll have some loaded for woofs!

I got the pics, I need to get them loaded to my computer to get a real good look at them, looks like you had fun packing out! I've been buying bear tags for years and never see one when I can do something about it, one of these years I'm taking time of and getting one!!!

Hi everybody,this is my first post here on LRH,i hope you´ll understand me,my english is not the best. (from Slovak Republic,Europe. lovec_1 stands for hunter_1 ).

I have following problem: Want buy rifle for LR hunting/target shooting,no matter of brand,but with one of this two calibers: 7mm WSM and .270WSM. I have oportunities for shooting up to 1000 meters (approx. 1093 yds.).

.270WSM:
- positives: rifle easy to buy (Tikka T3 Varmint),available brass in Europe
(Remington,Norma....),very good aftermarket stock (Roedale RCS)
- negatives: small assortment of high BC bullets (only Berger´s VLD 150grs.),
are there any other good choices? short factory barrel 23,5"

7mm WSM:
- positives: possibility to use bullets with high BC (Berger VLD 168-180grs.),
very important for me.
- negatives: no rifle here... :-( , low availability of brass (only Winchester?),
eventual necessary re-barreling from .270WSM,higher costs (new barrel...)

But generally i am fan of 7mm WSM,with high BC bullets can out-perform many .30 calibers (except of ultra mags and some wildcats), and i think it provide better resistance against wind-drift then the .270WSM.

Thanks for your opinions a recommendations.
The 165 gr ABLR makes the 270wsm very interesting to me these days and Tikka is still producing rifles in it so it's survived the 7mm wsm is dead but can still find a few winchester model 70s with synthetic stocks every now and then for cheap

Although the thread is 14 years front start and 12 from last post (before yours) I went with the saum. I wouldn't mind the wsm, but finding brass in either 270 and 300 for sale is a tough find! I'd rather neck up than neck down as it's less in diameter difference. .007 up compared to .024 down.