7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

As for the Stevens 200 action, as long as the action and magazine are long enough to handle the 7mm stw round, it is able to be done. A good gunsmith can re-chamber the barrel to 7mm stw and you are on your way. Alot of 7mm Rem Mags have been made into the stw.

As for the Stevens, what are some of the specifics about it. Does it have a 26" barrel? What is the twist rate of the barrel? How does it shoot 7mm Rem Mag?

Hello 7mm STW brotherhood
I want to know if it would be possible to build a7mm STW using a Stevens 200 7mm Remington magnum rifle? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

You certainly can, it's been done, but depending on which way you go. Being a Savage, you can buy a pre chambered barrel for it, and literally screw out the old barrel, and install the new one, set the headspace, and lock it up. I believe the barrel on your present gun has a 24 inch barrel. You CAN rechamber the one you have, but the STW needs a 26 inch barrel to get it's potential without running into load density issues, or high pressures. There are several barrel makers, and vendors that probably have just what you are looking for. I think SharpShooterSupply may be able to help you with that. Also, maybe check the Savage Shooters website may have other suggestions as well. There are a lot of people that use the 200 as a foundation for a super rifle. There are lots of options with that action. There are lots of guys on THIS website that also can lead you down the right road also. Take care and enjoy all the options.

I was up at Hendershots in Hagerstown, MD and saw a SS Winchester w/ claw extractor in 7 STW for $1000.00, seemed a little high for a used rifle but did not get a look at the barrel. I have taken my Hawkeye to gunshops to look at barrels before buying them.
Happy New Yr guys
I'd go look again and see if it's a sharpshooter. If it is it's a bargain at that price if it's in good condition.

what is the most consistant powder that yall have found. we have temps that reach 100+ in the summer and down to the upper 20's come winter. and with a few trips planed for further north i need something that i can sightin during 50-60 degree weather that will hold 0 in weather that is in the teens or colder.

what is the most consistant powder that yall have found. we have temps that reach 100+ in the summer and down to the upper 20's come winter. and with a few trips planed for further north i need something that i can sightin during 50-60 degree weather that will hold 0 in weather that is in the teens or colder.

I like RL25 for the later temp spread you mentioned. Also, H1000 seems to be overall a little better in warmer weather. We all know how temp sensitive RL22 is, but the 25 dosen't seem to be AS bad.

The pics of Model 70 bolts are ready to post, but I can't get the "manage attachments" function to, well------function!

Somebody help me out, please.

Thanks,
Jim

H-1000 is the most consistant powder I have used in this round

The pics of Model 70 bolts are ready to post, but I can't get the "manage attachments" function to, well------function!

Somebody help me out, please.

Thanks,
Jim
Scroll down below the box you type in on "reply with quote" and click on the manage attachment button. Upload it by clcking browse, find it on your computer, then hit upload. Once it says it's uploaded post.

When I click "manage attachments" nothing happens-------and I don't see any paperclip:(

Can I Email these pics to one of you and maybe you can post them?

Maybe the site doesn't recognize my connection??

Jim

Hi guys I have been following the brother hood since almost the first post. Have not posted yet as my knowledge is limited to 140 grn BT and Partitions and RL 22 so not a lot of info to share. I have stuck with 140 grn as the largest deer in UK is the Red deer and the 140 partitions flattens them so had no need to change but I will be trying the new Barnes LRX when we can get them over here. My rifle is a Sako 995 with a shileen match grade barrel at 26 inches and a schmidt and bender 4-12 power scope which was put on the day it arrived and has never been taken off. It was built back in 1997 if I remember correctly. The original stock was used but stifend it with aluminium so I could keep the magazine. THe Barrel is a bit fire cracked now and could do with replacing it was chamberd with a Foregreens reamer with .135 free bore if I was to go up to 160+ grn bullets how much freebore would you recommend? Hope to take it to Sweden this year to hunt moose. I will try to attach a couple of photos. love the forum visit nearly every day to see whats happening great informatuion keep it up guys.
Martin M UK