Remington 700 action
Kreiger barrel 29 inch
Bell and Carlson stock
Jewell trigger set at one pound

Waiting on my nightforce scope
But successful test shoot the other day

Here's a simple video
I spilled the rounds on the ground at the end
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koFTzCrLsDA&feature=youtube_gdata_player]The 7mmSTW - YouTube[/ame]

Will be getting all the metal done in matte black

I'm sure this has been asked about before but does anyone use 140 or 150 grain Barnes TSX bullets our of your STW? If so, do you have any loading data for the Barnes? My rifle is a factory Remmy Sendero.

I'm sure this has been asked about before but does anyone use 140 or 150 grain Barnes TSX bullets our of your STW? If so, do you have any loading data for the Barnes? My rifle is a factory Remmy Sendero.
Grab the hodgdon and rl data for charges for those weights and go at it with rl25 and/or retumbo. I use 77 grains rl22 or 81-82 grains of rl25 with 140's myself. it depends on the bullet, barrel, and brass a bit so work it up in your pipe.

The 140 Barnes most always Love this round 78.5 of RL22 or 80grains or so of Rl25 or H-1000 will most always fit the bill

What are some of the details of a 7STW such as trigger type, mag capacity, basically what would be in a owners manual if there is such a thing. 26.75in barrel including the muzzle break. It's equipt with with a Shepherd 310-PE1 and a top quality sling.It is a Win 70 ULTIMATE CLASSSIC

Yup, I do, and I love them. They shoot well, and also fast. I have been shooting rl22' and rl25 with good luck. 80.5-81.0 RL 25 at box length with 215 primers. At or near 3400 with 26 in barrel. No more ham- Berger for me thank you.
My seven mag shoots them well also. Can't wait to settle the crosshairs behind the shoulder, and apply a gentle squeeze!!!!!!!

Hello, I've had my 7mm STW for a few years and I'm trying to work a load up for it. The gun is a stock Rem 700 BDL 24" with a factory muzzlebreak. I'm getting about .75" groups using H1000, RL22 and H4831 with 162gr SST and 175gr Speer. Does anyone have the same gun and shoot 160's to 180's? Any Help? I'm new to the site but I really like what I've been reading. Thanks.

Hello, I've had my 7mm STW for a few years and I'm trying to work a load up for it. The gun is a stock Rem 700 BDL 24" with a factory muzzlebreak. I'm getting about .75" groups using H1000, RL22 and H4831 with 162gr SST and 175gr Speer. Does anyone have the same gun and shoot 160's to 180's? Any Help? I'm new to the site but I really like what I've been reading. Thanks.
My Dad has that rifle and he uses 78 grains rl22 with a 140 sierra and a 215 in rem brass in his. I'd go to 86 grains I 5010 with a 175 if my 5010 was still good, but a similar load of H 50bmg should do well. I'd work that up from 10% down. To get top speed with 160-175 in 7stw's you should be at rl25-retumbo or slower.

Update:

Well finally got a day to journey up to Douglas barrels combine yesterday and get my piece checked out. First we checked the bore and it was surprisingly fine, well within rems specs (glad I didn't send back to them). Then we cleaned it really good again and upon further inspection with the ol bore scope discovered where the problem was coming from. 7stw you hit the nail on the head with the "plowed field" term. The lands and riflings were a hot mess to say the least, Lots a scaring and furrowed spots. So after a good visit with Stanley and Travis I decided on a #5 contour chrome moly and a brake fitted to my action from there shop. Let me tell ya these guys were great to deal with and very informative to a rookie like me. Thanks again to all of y'all who chimed in concerning the issue, this thread is what a forum is supposed to be like. They said I should have it back by late next week, which will give me 2 weeks to hopefully find something it likes before I leave for my Wyoming hunt. Thanks