7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

7stw and Beans. Ok I'll start out with H1000, I have it on hand already so I'm game. Hopefully you have some info or Data you have proven to work and can pass along. Currently this rig is a DBM limiting my OAL at 3.600. With the Nosler 160gr AB the jump will be right at .100". I plan on full length sizing with turned necks. And use a concentricity guage. I know every rig is different but have you seen success with this large of a jump.

I used h 1000 and some 180 vld' for an old sendero I I bought, it had .120'' jump. It will shoot consistent .5 Moa. I recently installed a wyatts mag box but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

Well I went up to visit wild rose in north TX. Brought my boys. Got a couple deer and hogs. It was cool. We had a great time. Rose is a heck of a host.
But sent my big green momma up to him to get her a new stock. He's doing the work for me and gonna shoot it a little. So we will see how she does. Let y'all know when I get some info.

I'll bet she'll be just fine. If I ever need something done, i know where it's going. No doubt I speak for a few on that matter.
Glad you guys had a great time.
Let the sevens roar!

7stw and Beans. Ok I'll start out with H1000, I have it on hand already so I'm game. Hopefully you have some info or Data you have proven to work and can pass along. Currently this rig is a DBM limiting my OAL at 3.600. With the Nosler 160gr AB the jump will be right at .100". I plan on full length sizing with turned necks. And use a concentricity guage. I know every rig is different but have you seen success with this large of a jump.

Trust ButterBean........he has been a great resource and mentor for me with the STW and has become a friend.
Accubonds like jump and typically around 0.100" and this isn't just with the STW. H1000, H4831, Rl 25 & RL 26 have been very good powders in the STW. H1000 is my go to powder. Funny, but no matter the bullet weight, the most accurate charge seems to always be around 80.0 gr with H1000.
I had so much fun shooting this caliber that I burned out the barrel. The rebarrel was just completed and now I need to get a local smith to inlet the barrel channel on my stock to fit the 26" Carbon Six barrel.
If you want to shoot all copper bullets, look at the Hammer Bullets. They are fantastic and easy to work up. One of the owners, Steve, is very active on this website and very helpful.

Trust ButterBean........he has been a great resource and mentor for me with the STW and has become a friend.
Accubonds like jump and typically around 0.100" and this isn't just with the STW. H1000, H4831, Rl 25 & RL 26 have been very good powders in the STW. H1000 is my go to powder. Funny, but no matter the bullet weight, the most accurate charge seems to always be around 80.0 gr with H1000.
I had so much fun shooting this caliber that I burned out the barrel. The rebarrel was just completed and now I need to get a local smith to inlet the barrel channel on my stock to fit the 26" Carbon Six barrel.
If you want to shoot all copper bullets, look at the Hammer Bullets. They are fantastic and easy to work up. One of the owners, Steve, is very active on this website and very helpful.
Thanks for your input. I'll check into the hammer bullets. I'm not familiar with them at all. Are they primarily target or hunting bullets. I'm guessing target being there all copper.

Thanks for your input. I'll check into the hammer bullets. I'm not familiar with them at all. Are they primarily target or hunting bullets. I'm guessing target being there all copper.

They are a pure hunting bullet. Steve and Brian have a passion for shooting and hunting and wanted to make a better bullet, and I believe they have. You can typically push these bullets faster without pressure issues, and they are extremely accurate. They also have a money back guarantee.........I've never sent any of them back and I load them in 5 different calibers.

They are a pure hunting bullet. Steve and Brian have a passion for shooting and hunting and wanted to make a better bullet, and I believe they have. You can typically push these bullets faster without pressure issues, and they are extremely accurate. They also have a money back guarantee.........I've never sent any of them back and I load them in 5 different calibers.

Are you guys FL sizing, neck sizing or just bumping your shoulders back a couple thousands on your brass. What have you found to be best.

Are you guys FL sizing, neck sizing or just bumping your shoulders back a couple thousands on your brass. What have you found to be best.
ButterBean is correct. Once I got my FL sizing die set up correctly, it bumps the shoulder back .002. I will use my Neck Sizing die with new brass for the first couple of firings, then I'll FL (Bump) size from there on for the life of that brass

Bump your shoulder
Yup, I'll second the shoulder bump, but if you know the smoked shoulder trick, I'm telling you, it will make your brass last longer, chamber smooth, and not stretch so much.
I also learned a trick, using a seven mag die. First, you have to universal decap your brass.
SMOKE, the shoulder, run the seven mag die down to the point, that it just kisses the SMOKE.
What you are effectively doing, is partially body sizing, the brass body, neck sizing, also, and not putting pressure on the belt, or web.
After the initial firing, you are then, pretty much controlling the shoulder, just like a non belted.
It has worked for me, at one time, I had four, STW's, and a few other belted mags. But because I also had a couple seven mags, I tried it, and it worked. It really showed up in the ES, and SD, on the chrono.
Try it!
AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL.

7stw, Ok. Smoke the brass I've never heard of so of course I have questions. I get the smoke to be able to see contact with the die. Are you using a FL die? Universal de-cap. I'm assuming this is deprimming with out moving brass.

7stw, Ok. Smoke the brass I've never heard of so of course I have questions. I get the smoke to be able to see contact with the die. Are you using a FL die? Universal de-cap. I'm assuming this is deprimming with out moving brass.
Smoked Shoulder ..... take a match or lighter and "burn" your shoulder ( it will soot up) back your full length die out and work it down til you can barely see a ring on you shoulder where it touched and you will have set your shoulder back .002 , I have a shoulder set back gage by Hornady but smoking the shoulder is just as effective

Yes, but smoke only the shoulderI. Run it up into your die, just until you see that you hsve made contact with the soot on the shoulder. You will see it change, when you make contact. It's trial and error until you get it right, but it's worth the fuss.
Questions are no problems!