7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Gents I have some extra 8mm mag already necked down and ready to go. If anyone needs some pm me. Just figured I can spare some to help someone out.

Hello all. I'm very new to this forum but am interested to follow now that I have recently picked up a 7STW! I haven't even received it yet; I bought it on here yesterday(!) from a gentleman who was downsizing his collection. I currently run a Remington Custom Shop 7RUM, but my new 7STW is a Remington 700 Custom Shop AWR. It's a 24" gun, obviously designed to be a packable hunting rifle. I ordered a VX6 2-12 CDS-ZL for it.

Is there any advice you guys can offer as far as factory ammunition is concerned? I shoot 168gr. VLDs through my 7RUM, so I figured I'd start there, but I am absolutely open to suggestions. Thanks, and I look forward to following this forum.

Lambo, welcome to the club, for their is a few folks here that will get you straight with your new prize.
The first thing that comes to my mind,as far as what you mentioned in your opener, is your gun being with 24 inch barrel, will take special attention to optimize its ability. This cartridge likes 26 inches of runway, and loves 28 even more. You could use a little faster burn rate powder, if handloading, but I believe your wuestion was about factory ammo, which you will find will be more geared towards the 26 barrel length.
I'm told Nosler makes some fine ammo in you flavor, I believe Federal is still loading for it. Also, A-Square loads for it, and their ammo and brass are AWESOME. Not sure if Remington loads for it, they hsve brass runs occasionally, but I think they dropped it from the list, when they came out with the RUM.
Maybe one of the brothers smarter then me will chime in with some more info.
Kudos, on the new rifle, and choice.

@Lambo2284 I have the exact same rifle you just bought. I found the 140 ttsx to be the most accurate bullet in that gun, using Reloader 25. The 175 accubond didn't shoot as well, but was still .75" @100 yds. The word on the street is the light contour barrel doesn't shoot the heavies as well. Good luck!

Hello all. I'm very new to this forum but am interested to follow now that I have recently picked up a 7STW! I haven't even received it yet; I bought it on here yesterday(!) from a gentleman who was downsizing his collection. I currently run a Remington Custom Shop 7RUM, but my new 7STW is a Remington 700 Custom Shop AWR. It's a 24" gun, obviously designed to be a packable hunting rifle. I ordered a VX6 2-12 CDS-ZL for it.

Is there any advice you guys can offer as far as factory ammunition is concerned? I shoot 168gr. VLDs through my 7RUM, so I figured I'd start there, but I am absolutely open to suggestions. Thanks, and I look forward to following this forum.

Lambo you're going to love this caliber. I had a 24" barrel, but completely torched it since I shot this rifle so much. It's getting rebarreled as we speak with a 26"+ brake barrel. As 7STW said, this rifle really shines with a minimum 26" barrel. That being said, it will still shoot great with a 24" barrel, just don't expect to obtain the velocity of all the published data out there (I was typically 50-100 fps less). My rifle absolutely loved the 140gr E-tip and 150gr LRAB & 150 gr Barnes TTSX. Shot them into tiny bug holes. It shot the 160gr Accubond at 0.5 moa and the 175 gr Partition around 0.7 moa. My 1:9.25 twist would NOT stabilize the 175gr ELDX. For Powders, the 140gr loved RL25, while everything else loved H1000. RL26 and Retumbo are other options.

Thanks for the help, guys! I figure I'll try some of the factory stuff first until I can get setup to reload for it. I'll definitely have to chrony before I send for my CDS dial to get the velocity right.

Thanks for the help, guys! I figure I'll try some of the factory stuff first until I can get setup to reload for it. I'll definitely have to chrony before I send for my CDS dial to get the velocity right.

Buy the Nosler 160 gr Accubond factory ammo. It's really good. I found it ran very hot compared to what it's velocity was listed as. The Accubond ammo was approximately 3200 fps and their 140 gr Partition was around 3450 fps when I checked it with my MagnettoSpeed. Keep the brass for your future reloads. I bought a bunch of this ammo originally since it was about the same cost as a box of Nosler brass

I picked up some of the Nosler factory ammo with 160gr ABs. Once I get out to put some down range I'll definitely report back! Thanks, fellas.

I picked up some of the Nosler factory ammo with 160gr ABs. Once I get out to put some down range I'll definitely report back! Thanks, fellas.
Lambo, I think you'll be pleased with the AB bullets, and ammo. Plus, you now have some nice brass to use as well. Nosler makes great ammo, and their bullets are superb. Just do the shoot and clean routine, to help break it properly. Might I recommend Kroil for this. It works great. Two swipes wet, two dry, shoot, repeat.
Enjoy.

Finally got it all set up today. M700 Custom Shop Alaskan Wilderness Rifle with Leupold VX6 2-12x42 CDS-ZL. I can't wait to put some down range and see how it likes this factory Nosler offering.

Attachments

• IMG_7438.JPG
    IMG_7438.JPG
    667.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_7439.JPG
    IMG_7439.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 41