7mm Sherman Short Mag vs 300 Win mag

What is the round count everyone is getting before shooting out the barrel? I'm interested in this for PRS Competition. I love the idea.

How successful are you at braking out the recoil? I want to spot my impacts through the scope.

Not much recoil considering your pushing 195 grains at 2900 fps with a apa gen ii fat bastard brake. I can spot shots, but I'm also running a 16 pound rig which helps to. It's not going to be like a 6 mm with a brake though.

Not much recoil considering your pushing 195 grains at 2900 fps with a apa gen ii fat bastard brake. I can spot shots, but I'm also running a 16 pound rig which helps to. It's not going to be like a 6 mm with a brake though.

I'm also running a 16lb rifle, so that might work.

I also need to get 2500 shots worth of barrel life. Hopefully someone will reply with some insight on that.

I'm also running a 16lb rifle, so that might work.

I also need to get 2500 shots worth of barrel life. Hopefully someone will reply with some insight on that.

Take this with a grain of salt, but Im pretty sure I heard somebody say something about 2000ish with the 6.5 SS. The 7 should get better

Take this with a grain of salt, but Im pretty sure I heard somebody say something about 2000ish with the 6.5 SS. The 7 should get better

Rhian has 800+ rounds on his 6.5 and says after checking with a scope, he feels it will go 2500.......Rich
The 7SS should do much better!

I shot this with my 6.5SS today. The paper was ragged from the wood blowing back so I had to tape it flat to see the hole. The hole in the wood looked like one .270 hole.
6.5ss .014" group.jpg

Yeah....I think I need to get to developing loads asap. That's proving to be problematic at the moment, but if I can get groups like that gun) :D gun) :D gun) :D

I shot this right after but only had 2 rounds with that load. Looks promising at 3207' though. The holes are tough to see in the black.....Rich
6.5ss 3207 with H1000.jpg

Following intently. Building a 6.5 Creedmoor on a Bighorn TL3 and would love to swap barrels for longer shots. The 7SS looks very exciting! Any plans for a .30? Wonder what that would push the Berger 215's compared to the 195 EOL. Please keep up the exciting work.

Thank you very much. I have tried searching but only seem to come up with 6.5SS threads. The Bighorn has swappable bolt faces whick is one of the reasons I picked it. Had planned on doing a .300wsm as a second caliber but I really like the concept of the SS line. Again, much appreciated! I look foreard to hearing more as things develop.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.