7mm saw vs 7mm-08 vs 7mm-08 AI

With my 7mm SAW at a oal of 2.960 with 162gr eldm im using ACIS mag without binder plate. Mag feeds but my R700 action might need opened up a touch or seat the bullets shorter. Or throw it in my long action.

Last edited:
Hello all I am researching and trying to decide what cartridges to build when I rebarrel one of my rifles. It will be a hunting rifle primarily but will be a target shooter as well. So with it being more of hunting rifle out of the the three cartridges listed above is the 7mm saw and 7mm-08 AI really worth the trouble over just sticking with the 7mm-08?
For a 40 Degree shoulder the 7mm SGLC is the best one for case capacity (Simpsons Good Little Cartridge). Judging the obscurity of the 7mm-08 Ackley Improved and it's small powder Gains comparatively the SGLC has it beat on all sides. The SAW is nothing more than a shoulder Angle change from the standard 7mm-08 and I'm guessing the selling point is less Brass Stretch, but it won't keep up with the RPC as it's an improved design based on the "7mm Grady Precision Cartridge (GPC)" defined as a necked down 30TC and adapted to 08 Brass. For 30 Degree shoulder the 7mm-RPC is my favorite and PT&G has the reamer specs. Custom Dies can be made by any of the leading Manufacturers for either option.