7mm-08 vs 308

Anvil11-87

Ok, for some reason I have the urge to get a 7mm-08 to hunt with. It would be used to hunt whitetail and probably some hogs in Oklahoma. I already have a .300wsm and a .308 that I hunt with now. From everything I've read the 7-08 is a fantastic deer caliber but I don't have any first hand experience with it.

What do you guys think, is the 7-08 any better then a .308? Or is there enough differences to justify switching calibers?

JARHEAD1371

By far the biggest gain you will get by going with the 7-08 is the quality of the bullets. The 7mm VLD or ULD bullets have much higher BC's as the .308 bullets of the same weight. Besides, it's always nice to have something that most shooters don't have.

DUKFVR

I have had both & at normal ranges deer & hogs are taken there is no difference. I prefer the 308 myself ,but the 7-08 is a good cartridge too.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.