.308win vs 7mm-08

slg888

I have noticed .308 factory rounds are few dollars cheaper than 7mm-08. Though looking at the federal fusion charts, 7mm-08 out performs the .308 a bit. What is your opinion between the two, and which one of these 2 rounds you prefer?

several months ago there was a multi-page thread debating these two.... so ppl are probably just exhausted on the subject or something like that...

Inside of 300 yards, you nor the game you shoot will no any difference whatsoever. I do not like a 7-08. If I choose a 7mm, I want something with more powder. Can't really explain it. I have a 308 and love it.

Inside of 300 yards, you nor the game you shoot will no any difference whatsoever. I do not like a 7-08. If I choose a 7mm, I want something with more powder. Can't really explain it. I have a 308 and love it.

Exactly.

My stand is that you cannot spank the 308 with ANY other bullet fired out of the same case. You may get a wee bit better wind drift or a wee bit less drop but they are still in the SAME catergory. If you love 7mm bullets go with a 7-08. If you love 30 cal bullets go with the 308. If youre looking to out do the 308 with a 7mm bullet or any other bullet look to a BIGGER case.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.