7MM Rem Mag Bullet Opinion

Hello all, I know this topic has been beat to death but I am going to venture down the path again. Recently inherited a 7mm Rem Mag that was my grandfathers gun, I'm looking at either reloading the new 150 grain Hornady CX or the 162 grain ELD-M(both are currently available to order), the main purpose for this rifle will be 500 yards and in and geared towards Deer and Antelope size game. Always a possibility that it could be used for elk but I have a 300 Win loaded with 200 grain bullets for that. Which bullet would you guys pick and why? I plan to order bullets this week and will be starting out load development with IMR 4831 as I have that on hand. I do plan to run these from the mag and the rifle is a Ruger M77 Tang Safety if that helps factor in any advice or opinion.

thanks all!
I like and use the TTSX Triple Shock Spitzer Boat Tail 140grain..I also like the Hornady ELD-M

I do not live in Utah, I'm in Montana
Make a few calls up here in Kalispell to all the shops . See what you can find for any bullets .

I'm headed to Helena around the 19th. To visit my youngest daughter for a few days . I can bring them down to you if you locate anything .
I'm working 7 days a week trying to get my oldest daughter's house Framed in .
But would be happy to help you out if I can !

Rum Man

Make a few calls up here in Kalispell to all the shops . See what you can find for any bullets .

I'm headed to Helena around the 19th. To visit my youngest daughter for a few days . I can bring them down to you if you locate anything .
I'm working 7 days a week trying to get my oldest daughter's house Framed in .
But would be happy to help you out if I can !

Rum Man
You can pick up Hammers at the shop. It on your way out of town.

You can pick up Hammers at the shop. It on your way out of town.
Pm. me your hrs please . I'm just 5 min from you Steve working on my daughters place .
I have a list for my rifles I want to pickup before I head back east .

300 Rum 1/9 twist
7 mm Rum 1/9.25 twist .
6.5 creed 1/8 twist

Thanks !

Rum Man

More than likely twist is 1:9.5. Probably won't spin the mono. I hear people say all the time match bullet not good for hunting. That's not what they are designed for. Eldm is a match bullet. You decide.
Ttsx lrx or hammer hunter be good mono.
My wife shoots 139lrx and 131 hammer hunter.
150 accubond and eldx work really good.
I hear people say all the time match bullets are great for hunting. I also hear people say that they hear match bullets are not good for hunting.

I use "match" or "target" bullets about 85% of the time for hunting. With great results. But, it depends on WHICH "match" bullet you use. Berger's match/target bullets actually have a slightly THICKER jacket than their "hunting" lines.

Pm. me your hrs please . I'm just 5 min from you Steve working on my daughters place .
I have a list for my rifles I want to pickup before I head back east .

300 Rum 1/9 twist
7 mm Rum 1/9.25 twist .
6.5 creed 1/8 twist

Thanks !

Rum Man
We are generally there from 8am to 6pm.

136 N Somers Rd, Kalispell MT 59901. We would be happy to show you the shop.

The 162 ELD-M has a lot going for it. In a nutshell it shoots very well in a variety of rifles, it's regularly available, and the price allows all the shooting one would desire.
I still have the the M-77 tang safety I bought many years ago.

The 162 ELD-M has a lot going for it. In a nutshell it shoots very well in a variety of rifles, it's regularly available, and the price allows all the shooting one would desire.
I still have the the M-77 tang safety I bought many years ago.
I Personally don't hunt with match bullets , some do I did years ago until I learned better . Example 30 Cal Nosler International March Boat Tail , killed the biggest Mule deer I've ever killed . I got real lucky blow ups on both shots , but got enough fragments into the vitals too make the kill . I use the best constructed bullet I can find that's accurate and has has exceptional terminal performance , from my experience Hammer is what works the same everytime.