7MM Rem Mag Bullet Opinion

Hello all, I know this topic has been beat to death but I am going to venture down the path again. Recently inherited a 7mm Rem Mag that was my grandfathers gun, I'm looking at either reloading the new 150 grain Hornady CX or the 162 grain ELD-M(both are currently available to order), the main purpose for this rifle will be 500 yards and in and geared towards Deer and Antelope size game. Always a possibility that it could be used for elk but I have a 300 Win loaded with 200 grain bullets for that. Which bullet would you guys pick and why? I plan to order bullets this week and will be starting out load development with IMR 4831 as I have that on hand. I do plan to run these from the mag and the rifle is a Ruger M77 Tang Safety if that helps factor in any advice or opinion.

thanks all!
my 2 cents, bergerger accurate and kill but i prefer exits. i love the 168 ttsx and have used in my 7 wsm and my 28 nosler. on my recent trip to africa i used the 143 hammer hunter, wow was i impressed! killed blue wildabeast at 780, blesbock at 535 and zebra at 980 and 1046. phenomenal performance, accuracy well under .5 moa. im a convert!

Hello all, I know this topic has been beat to death but I am going to venture down the path again. Recently inherited a 7mm Rem Mag that was my grandfathers gun, I'm looking at either reloading the new 150 grain Hornady CX or the 162 grain ELD-M(both are currently available to order), the main purpose for this rifle will be 500 yards and in and geared towards Deer and Antelope size game. Always a possibility that it could be used for elk but I have a 300 Win loaded with 200 grain bullets for that. Which bullet would you guys pick and why? I plan to order bullets this week and will be starting out load development with IMR 4831 as I have that on hand. I do plan to run these from the mag and the rifle is a Ruger M77 Tang Safety if that helps factor in any advice or opinion.

thanks all!
Just my few cents worth… I've been shooting 140 grain Accu bond nosler bullets out of my m77 mark II AND RELOADER 22 ever since the accu bonds came out. If not accu bonds 140 grain nosler partitions ! Good luck sir !

Just my few cents worth… I've been shooting 140 grain Accu bond nosler bullets out of my m77 mark II AND RELOADER 22 ever since the accu bonds came out. If not accu bonds 140 grain nosler partitions ! Good luck sir !
If I could find RL22 that would be great, I started there with my 300 win and I don't have much left. Accubonds have been hard to come by here but I will definitely keep an eye out for them.

I have a buddy that's been trying to find out what the twist rate of an old Parker Hale 7 Rem Mag is that he just got from his Grandfather. I have been reading up on but found they had different models over the years. Guessing it might be 9.5 twist ? If you have any info on it , it would be very appreciated but both of us.
Thanks !

Yes, Parker Hale had several different models available throughout their sales periods. I do not have a definitive list for them at this time so I recommend using a cleaning rod (ball bearing handle), a loose brush and a patch in order to measure the twist rate. This will show you a specific measurement but it may require several passes down the barrel to get an average also.

Enjoy!

:)

168 Berger HVLD with 72.0 grs. Retumbo is the bomb I'm my Ruger MKII 7 MAG.. 162 ELDX runner up.

Yes, Parker Hale had several different models available throughout their sales periods. I do not have a definitive list for them at this time so I recommend using a cleaning rod (ball bearing handle), a loose brush and a patch in order to measure the twist rate. This will show you a specific measurement but it may require several passes down the barrel to get an average also.

Enjoy!

:)
Thank you very much Sable ! 👍🏻🇺🇲

My old and newer factory 7RM's all seemed to like 160 AB's. All were in the 9.5 twist range. I've tried a number of different pills just because I like experimenting. Recently have gotten on the Hammer train simply because I can place an order and they show up in my mailbox a few days later. The 120's are smoking fast and accurate. The 131's are working great. My rifles didn't like the 146's. Now with a faster twist coming I'm going to try the longer heavier HH. Good luck.

I have two bullets that I really like in my 7mags.The 150gr Nosler Ballistic Tip and the 160gr Accubond.The 150gr gives me just a tad larger wound channel,not a whole lot,but just a little and I get more drop on the spot kills.I have yet to recover either bullet,100% have exited.Here is an example from the 150gr Ballistic Tip.

I like 67.5grs of Reloader 22 and 69grs of Reloader 26 with the 150gr
I like 66.0grs of Reloader 22 and 67.5grs of Reloader 26 with the 160gr.

If I could get my hands on some accubonds that would be my first choice. Don't have any real need to go over book loads and my accuracy will come first. Thanks for the info!
Do you by chance live in Utah, I have a box of 168 Accubond LR's. 90 left. Shot 10 in my 28, shoot great just went heavier with my 28.