7MM Rem Mag Bullet Opinion

MTGEEZER, Stop lurking and post brother ! Hope all is well. Do you shoot any 7mm ? 😉 If so you know I'll send samples!
I checked and I did have some 143 Hammer Hunters (thanks Steve) I have never tried yet in 7 mag. Last time it was shot was by my son in 2012 on a nice buck in Wy.. I don't even know what bullet was in the load... That sucks ...My 7 Rem Mag Ruger MKII hasn't been shot since . 😞 He shot his first buck deer and first buck lope with it in 2010 also . I don't remember the load but I have his 3 spent cases from both years in a zip lock....😉

Last edited:
This is sort of out of the blue but, I have had great accuracy and decent speed with 63.3 grains of H4831 lit by a CCI LRM primer under a Nosler 160gn Accu-bond loaded in WW brass case. The load has been more than acceptable on everything from coyotes and black bear to elk at the range you are looking for. Just an idea. My load was worked up properly and my best velocity and accuracy are above "book" values. I am loading for the same model in the OP's hands but please work up your loads properly, please. I forgot to add, the load works for antelope also.
I use .284 160gr Accubonds with Nosler brass, 69 gr of RL-25 and Rem 9.5 Mag primers. The average velocity is 3066 fps out of a Schneider 5P barrel. I use the ELD's in the 6.5 Cr for other critters. Ironically I can't get the ELD-M to group well out of my Bartlein #13 barrel. Very happy with the Accubonds on Whitetail and Mule deer. One shot kills on the last 5 deer on ranges between 250 and 350.

I am enjoying this conversation. Still waiting to install my new 7rm barrel 1/8 twist. Got some Hammers in to try just wondering if I should go to a lighter grain now.

Choices, choices. It's a good thing to have choices.
63A33F5F-D474-4AAD-9792-0DDB6B2B93FC.jpeg

I have the 146 and 169 pills to try from Hammer. 168 berger VLD hunting. 150 nosler BT and 160 AB along with a few other brands to mess with. May try some hammer 131 as well. Will have to see.