7mm Matchkings

bigd 7378

looking thru MidwayUSA and they show 7mm 197gr Matchkings coming 11/7/16!!
if these are like the 183 matchkings they are gonna be some long bullets!

I bought some of the 183's awhile back for a new 7mm project Defensive Edge just built me and sitting next to a 180 Berger you almost think the Berger is a 168. These 197's will likely be VERY VERY long! Haven't shot any of the 183's and the 197 looks to be of the same design, neither of which seems like it would be a very good hunting bullet. My guess is they'll act about like a FMJ because the meplat is nearly closed shut.

A new 180 or 190's tipped version with these kind of BC's would have maybe been better as a hunting bullet but if reaching wayyyy out there with a 7mm to bang steel or kill rocks is your intention/s these 197's very well could be the hot ticket.

They make a hunting version of the 197 with the same BC and it wouldn't surprise me to see a few more 7mm Allen Magnums built or maybe even Shawn will build a Terminator 7. gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.