7MM Hornady ELD-X 150 max FPS

Most Remingtons I have owned shot bug holes in Rem brass, Rem 9 1/2 primer, 140g nosler BT, Accubond at 65-66g, most liking 65.5 or 66g. These bullets just just barely kiss the lands to get .300 groups and below.

140g TTSX likes the same load, .050 off the lands.

Lot# of powder, barrel bore, lot# of primers can all vary, so start lower and work up.

Most are scared to touch the lands for fear that the bullet can come out of the case, but just a touch is a lot different from a hard jam....do not be scared because this little tid bit puts a stock Rem rifle, bedded, bbl floated, trigger tuned, with good glass on par with a top end custom rifle in terms of accuracy...we have seen this again and again. We do put a Gentry muzzle break on every rifle we own that throws the concussion forward with a 50% reduction of recoil.

Another load for the 140 that produces bug holes is with 67g of R#19, Winchester brass, federal 215 primer with a MV of 3300 on a 26" barrel(my 140g TTSX load).

Work up to these loads in your rifle!

My first Sendero in 7mmRemMag was fed a diet of mostly RL22 (67.0gn) and BR2 primers. I think I even shot a few 9.5M primers and that was acceptable also but the BR2's gave sub 1/2" MOA.
My current 7mmRM, a 700P, is currently getting fed 162gn ELD-M's ahead of 73.5gn of Retumbo & 9.5M's (3093fps avg.). Accuracy was sub MOA @ 100yds, ES/SD were 8/4.1fps and I never tried this load on paper any farther but I took several deer this past season @ 400yds and beyond. The first deer I shot was a nice, heavy 8pt. Perfect heart shot at 400yds exactly. He jumped six feet high and did a "mule" kick. Two more jumps and he was done. The rest were all high shoulder shots and were DRT.
During load development for the above bullet I also tried IMR-8133 (75.5gn), 9.5M (3158fps). Started with this powder and a clean barrel and that might have throwed the accuracy and numbers off. Accuracy was about 1.5" and ES/SD were 46/24.7fps. Good speed though.
I tried RL-26 last (69.0gn) 9.5M, (3123fps). Accuracy ran just under MOA and ES/SD were 24/13.4fps. This powder is dedicated to my .300WinMag but I have an 8lb jug of 'tumbo and only a 1 pounder of 8133, hence the reason I went with the Retumbo.

One final thing; back about 14-15yrs ago I was loading IMR-4350 w/BR2's in this same rifle with the 150gn Ballistic Tip. I was using Noslers #8 manual and loading 63.5gn without pressure signs. This was a load I used on a 350lb black bear at 15 steps. The bullet went through both shoulders and he never took another step. I had used that bullet on a bunch of whitetails with success and at the time it seemed a lot of people were running the BT down for blowing up & failing. That shot convinced me the Ballistic Tip was tough, the 7Mag was a killing machine and a black bear ain't as tough as some made out!

Good luck and happy shooting.

My first Sendero in 7mmRemMag was fed a diet of mostly RL22 (67.0gn) and BR2 primers. I think I even shot a few 9.5M primers and that was acceptable also but the BR2's gave sub 1/2" MOA.
My current 7mmRM, a 700P, is currently getting fed 162gn ELD-M's ahead of 73.5gn of Retumbo & 9.5M's (3093fps avg.). Accuracy was sub MOA @ 100yds, ES/SD were 8/4.1fps and I never tried this load on paper any farther but I took several deer this past season @ 400yds and beyond. The first deer I shot was a nice, heavy 8pt. Perfect heart shot at 400yds exactly. He jumped six feet high and did a "mule" kick. Two more jumps and he was done. The rest were all high shoulder shots and were DRT.
During load development for the above bullet I also tried IMR-8133 (75.5gn), 9.5M (3158fps). Started with this powder and a clean barrel and that might have throwed the accuracy and numbers off. Accuracy was about 1.5" and ES/SD were 46/24.7fps. Good speed though.
I tried RL-26 last (69.0gn) 9.5M, (3123fps). Accuracy ran just under MOA and ES/SD were 24/13.4fps. This powder is dedicated to my .300WinMag but I have an 8lb jug of 'tumbo and only a 1 pounder of 8133, hence the reason I went with the Retumbo.

One final thing; back about 14-15yrs ago I was loading IMR-4350 w/BR2's in this same rifle with the 150gn Ballistic Tip. I was using Noslers #8 manual and loading 63.5gn without pressure signs. This was a load I used on a 350lb black bear at 15 steps. The bullet went through both shoulders and he never took another step. I had used that bullet on a bunch of whitetails with success and at the time it seemed a lot of people were running the BT down for blowing up & failing. That shot convinced me the Ballistic Tip was tough, the 7Mag was a killing machine and a black bear ain't as tough as some made out!

Good luck and happy shooting.
The 150 NBT is a killing machine. Ask @dogz !!

Just an update on this rifle/bullet combo. I ended up having the barrel inspected by Hart here in PA and he found the crown to be pretty ratty. They touched up the crown for me and the gun shoots night and day better now. Gives me a ton of hope again. I finally shot some decent sub MOA groups at the 100 board and can't wait to start a new load development for this gun. I just shot from the hip and put together some 150 ELD-X on FF'd ADG brass loaded with 70gr Retumbo and WLRM primers to try at .015 off the lands and it gave me an excellent starting point already đź‘Ś