7mm Allen Magnum

MAYDAY15

I have been looking into having a rifle built and i was wondering if anyone has had any experiance with the 7AM? Just curious on peoples thoughts. My mind is set on a 28 nosler shooting Berger 195's but i have been looking all across the big 7's and the 7AM is definitely one of the bigger ones. Open to anyones opinions on other cartridges as well. Thank you!

The 7mm AM is an animal. I believe Kirby talks many many guys out of them just due to the fact that the majority of hunters can't take advantage of what it offers and smaller cartridges make more sense. Sometimes the biggest isn't always the best.

I had Kirby build me one a couple years ago. Phenomenal performance. It's shooting the Berger 195's at 3350fps. It's really nice to shoot, his break does a great job minimizing recoil.

I'm loading 101gr of RL33. I have tested it out to 1700 yards. I've taken 1 moose up here in Canada, although they are fairly easy to knock down, the bullet/calibre performed as expected.

IMG_2124.jpegIMG_2123.jpegIMG_0697.jpeg

Yep if Kirby makes it, it's top of the heap. His rifles flat out shoot. If I needed another hot rod I would 100 percent use him again. He was not timely but well worth the wait. I'd say do it cause you will have something special to brag about.