7mm 180gr Sierra Matchking

wla6518

Is anyone loading these?
Im having a hard time finding load data on them.

Initially I assumed they would use the same data as the Berger VLD as they are similar in construction, however I noted one recipe that showed a 3000 psi difference in chamber pressure with the same volume of 7828.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am loading them in my 7mm rum with 89 retumbo in rem brass with a 215 lighting the fire. They run the same speed as the 175 hdy interlock in my 7rum... 3080 fps for both... Good pill; my 7rum is a lh lss and she will hold .6 moa at 200 with either the hdy or the sierra... not bad for the recoil level and the sporter weight barrel

I am firing some sierra 180 in my new 7stw with 88 h50bmg tomorrow... I've been using the 180 hybrid in the rifle already, but the data was flawed as the stock screws had worked loose... I will post how they turn out side by side...

Thank you,
Im working these up in a 7 rem mag, but this gives me a bit of a baseline.
I think I will work up from the bottom using the VLD data and watch for pressure signs.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.