Sierra 7mm 197gr MatchKing for hunting?

Taylorbok

I searched and came across several opinions and a couple with experience. Anyone who hadn't used them said don't because they are pointed, several people who had used them said good to go. Just hoping to get some more input.

This isn't for me, a friend is shooting the 195 EOL Bergers but he's down to about 100. I found a decent supply of the sierras. The only other option I can find for him right now would be to go to mono's

The 183's at 2850-2900 out of 2 7 mags are very quick killers of NH and Vt deer. They have 7 1 shot kills from my brother and my mom's neighbor. They have a big cavity behind the nose that collapses then rapidly/violently expands. I don't have anything twisted for the 197s however I would think that at stw/28 nosler velocities they would be more of a good thing. I'd shoot a coyote or 3 to see if it will expand quick enough before shooting something larger

I loaded the 197s for a couple buddies' 28 Noslers @ 3060/3080fps, and they have crushed bull elk, deer, bear, and pronghorn with them. I shot the 183s in my 7RM, and they worked extremely well on deer and a cow elk. No issues at all. Very accurate too. A bit slower than similar Bergers, I think a slightly longer bearing surface maybe? I have seen this with the 6.5mm 150SMK vs 156 Berger and 6mm 110SMK vs 115 VLD too.

Thanks guys. Yes they are going in a 28 Nosler.
A large void behind the point should definitely help expansion.
I'm going to tell him to buy them up. All the Nay Sayer's so far seem to be people who have never used them.