7mm 169 Hammer Hunters BC

I ended up using .270 and this held at 500 and 700 yards. it hit also hit a 20" x 24"plate @ 1025 , but was unable to see the exact hits as we did not paint it prior. and a lot of guys were shooting it that day.

HH 169 24" barrel @2995.

Wow, that's super strange!! Mine is a 1-8 twist 26" barrel going 3260fps

You should check your zero. Shouldn't be that far off
D8E9C4FA-3076-482E-90AC-6609513497AF.jpeg

I shot this group and then went straight to 600 and 830 yards. And I've checked it with two different scopes. I just mounted an ATACR and went out yesterday to sight it in. Got the same BC as when I had the VX6-HD on it. I know it far off dude, but I'm just running the numbers. Sight in, chrono, adjust BC until it impacts where I'm aiming. My 195 bergers were .400 on the G7

Well that's ruled out then. I have found when my Bc is off it's usually scope travel or zero. But looks like you covered your bases.

Well that's ruled out then. I have found when my Bc is off it's usually scope travel or zero. But looks like you covered your bases.
Hahaha I know it dude. I'm pretty sure that's just the BC it's shooting out of my gun. Accurate as hell though.

View attachment 242006
I shot this group and then went straight to 600 and 830 yards. And I've checked it with two different scopes. I just mounted an ATACR and went out yesterday to sight it in. Got the same BC as when I had the VX6-HD on it. I know it far off dude, but I'm just running the numbers. Sight in, chrono, adjust BC until it impacts where I'm aiming. My 195 bergers were .400 on the G7
I realize this thread is old. Apologies.

Has anyone else figured 800 yard and beyond BC with 169 HH? I'm about to start my load up with 7 WSM and RL26 with a 24" proof carbon barrel. Hoping for 2950 fps with low pressure.

Regarding the BC differences above, is it possible that zero is good but the scope to bore distance calculation is off and that's messing with the short range BC/drop prediction? My Ballistics AE app defaults to either 1.5" or something close and when I'm using a scope with large diameter objective it tends to be closer to 2" or even above.

Last edited:
I realize this thread is old. Apologies.

Has anyone else figured 800 yard and beyond BC with 169 HH? I'm about to start my load up with 7 WSM and RL26 with a 24" proof carbon barrel. Hoping for 2950 fps with low pressure.

Regarding the BC differences above, is it possible that zero is good but the scope to bore distance calculation is off and that's messing with the short range BC/drop prediction? My Ballistics AE app defaults to either 1.5" or something close and when I'm using a scope with large diameter objective it tends to be closer to 2" or even above.
Nah, it's none of the random reasons stated through all the forums and threads that defend the stated BC's. I've shot like 7 different hammers in 5 different rifles and they all come up pretty low for me and many others. .23-.24 on the G7 for the 169's. .22 G7 for the 155's. My 181's came up .03 low. The 124's also came up .03 low.

They are great accurate bullets and good at killing. BC's are much lower than advertised. But BC's are very consistent so they're still very accurate down range. Just don't plan your load's maximum effective range around the stated BC's or you will more than likely be disappointed when you start testing with them. Estimate for .03 below advertised, and then be thrilled if they true out to a higher BC than that. That's my opinion.

Myself and @Korhil78 both got .237 for the G7 BC of the 169's out to 800 and beyond. That's a safe starting point.

Nah, it's none of the random reasons stated through all the forums and threads that defend the stated BC's. I've shot like 7 different hammers in 5 different rifles and they all come up pretty low for me and many others. .23-.24 on the G7 for the 169's. .22 G7 for the 155's. My 181's came up .03 low. The 124's also came up .03 low.

They are great accurate bullets and good at killing. BC's are much lower than advertised. But BC's are very consistent so they're still very accurate down range. Just don't plan your load's maximum effective range around the stated BC's or you will more than likely be disappointed when you start testing with them. Estimate for .03 below advertised, and then be thrilled if they true out to a higher BC than that. That's my opinion.

Myself and @Korhil78 both got .237 for the G7 BC of the 169's out to 800 and beyond. That's a safe starting point.
Thank you for the feedback. I had hoped I could be really effective to 600-800 yards. If it's consistent that's obviously a big part of the equation.

How fast are you pushing it and in what cartridge?

Thank you for the feedback. I had hoped I could be really effective to 600-800 yards. If it's consistent that's obviously a big part of the equation.

How fast are you pushing it and in what cartridge?
When I was shooting the 169's I shot them out of a 28 Nosler at 3260fps. I had them up to 3330 at one point, but my throat was eroding extremely fast causing a loss in velocity. I killed 2 buck and bull with the 169's last year. I would not hesitate to use them within their 1800fps impact limitations.

I only got away from them this year because I wanted to start shooting truly long range, and the low BC really is a factor in that. But 6-800 yards with the right cartridge pushing them fast enough, they're legit bullets.