7mm-08 load

horsefor4

I won a new SPS 700 Remington in 7mm-08 I would like to load this gun for my 15 yr. daughter living in California I have to shoot copper bullets.I was thinking 110 gr. barnes tipped flat base just for recoil reasions.Anyload help would be helpful.

1grn below book max,( speer manual is pretty conservative) of Imr 4350 and a 139grn Hornady GMX should do the trick, recoil should be tame, more muzzle rise than anything.

A very good recipe is ( winchester brass, 139grn GMX, 48grns Imr 4350, CCI BR2 primers or Fed 210s, and a 2.825" OAL) will end up around 2850fps depending on barrel length and recoil will be similar to a heavy load in a 243.

Try a load of 41 grns. of IMR 4064 with a 140 grn. bullet. I live in Calif. also so you must be hunting in the Condor zone? Try a 140 grn. Berger Hunting VLD. with a regular primer CCI,Wolf,WLR etc. Winchester brass. This load is very accurate and wotks well in two 7mm-08's that I load for especially my wifes as she harvested a nice whitetail with this load.

lightbulb

Yes you are correct as I was just giving an example for him but any 140 grn. bullet this load should work and perhaps a little tweaking . The whole state isn't lead free just where the Condor lives which is about 2/3 down south by Fort Hunter Ligget , everywhere else you can use the bullet of your choice hense 140 grn. Bergers.

:)

Thank you guys for all the help. I would like to stay with the lighter bullet just for recoil reasons.And I have also found out with the copper bullets and our small deer the lighter bullet seems to open up a bit more the speed seems to help.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.