7mm-08 load info

Anvil11-87

I just picked up a 7mm-08 and planning on trying 140 Berger VLD Hunting and 150 Hornady ELD-X bullets. Anyone have any data for these bullets with H4350 OR Varget?

I used 140 VLD hunting with various powders and OAL... nothing jumped out.

Then I put 48 grs of H4350 in with bullet .010 off lands and BINGO!! Shot 5/8" MOA. In my rifle that OAL was 2.890 but I ve got Wyatt extended box (Rem S/A).

Good luck!

Then I put 48 grs of H4350 in with bullet .010 off lands and BINGO!!
Depending on the load manual, that is either right at or over max charge and would be super compressed (watch for pressure) unless using a generous case capacity brass like Hornady. Definitely a load for others wanting to experiment with to slowly work up to...

I have been shooting for years, my brother is new and he got a new Winchester XPR chambered in 7mm-08. I reload am trying to work up a load for him. The rifle does not seem to want to shoot straight. I have been loading with varget and hornady cases and bullets 140 grain. 2 inch groups at best. have tried different charge weights, max load seems to be best so far 43.5 grains I believe. I am looking for suggestions on what to try next. The articles that I have read so far about this rifle say that it is an accurate rifle with almost any ammo. :oops::oops:

SilverbulletMAG... U are correct on H4350 charge. It s/b worked up to. I figure everyone on this website starts low and goes up but shouldn't assume.

Thx again for expanding / clarifying.

BTW, that was with a WW case. Not highly compressed but full. Varget didn't want to work with this bullet in my gun but shot well with 139 Hornady's at 42.5 grs. Almost a max area load. 43-43.5 of Varget gave me extractor marks and tight bolt lift.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts