7mag and 180bergers?

zr600

Ok I did a seating depth test with the 180vld hunting Berger's. I had very good results at .050 off the lands so I loaded a ladder test of retumbo with my adg brass and fed215m. Now should I do a ladder test with h1000 also? If so were should I start and stop? I have found with 175g eldx that the max load data was very very very crazy safe in my gun.

Ok I have about 2lbs of retumbo so should be able to develop a load and have enough till I could get an 8lb jug.

I would. I used reloder 26 with hbn coated 180's and was able to hit 3050 fps as a max, which happened to be right where a good node was, that was around 70 grains. The next node down was in the 2950 range, still excellent performance, with around 67 grains.

I did a load work up with naked 180's and H1000, Saw max pressure around 2970 fps, with 70 grains. Load workup was like this:

180 VLD
Federal brass
CCI 250
Seated .010" off
H-1000

67 grains - 2838 fps
68 grains - 2880 fps
69 grains - 2953 fps
70 grains - 2969 fps

This was in a SAAMI Remington chamber. Hope this helps.

Problem with rl26 is I don't have it and you can't find it. I can get h1000 and ya e 2lb of retumbo.

I don't shoot Bergers in my 7mm RM and I won't until they fix their meplats. I asked Berger why don't they fix them by pointing or tipping them. Their reply wasn't nice. Either way I'm shooting Hornady ELD-X with R22. Works great!

How would h4831 be with 180 Berger's? I have access to a lot of this many 8lb kegs for a decent price.

Problem with rl26 is I don't have it and you can't find it. I can get h1000 and ya e 2lb of retumbo.
Ya, it can be hard to find. I gave you data for H1000 though, which you said that's what you were looking for.

Might wanna grab a couple more pounds of H1000 as well, I hear it is getting harder to find too.

I also second that H4831 can be good in the 7mm rem mag, but is a little fast burning. Case fill is very low. I like it better for 140-168 grain pills.

Well just got ahold of 8lbs of retumbo my cousin happened to get a rain day at work and he stopped at the local Sportmen Warehouse and asked the guy looked didn't see none but he said he would check the inventory on the computer, it said they had 1 in stock. So he went back and searched a little more and found it. I think I really just got lucky on snagging this.

Ok I did a seating depth test with the 180vld hunting Berger's. I had very good results at .050 off the lands so I loaded a ladder test of retumbo with my adg brass and fed215m. Now should I do a ladder test with h1000 also? If so were should I start and stop? I have found with 175g eldx that the max load data was very very very crazy safe in my gun.
I run a 180 eldm .059 from the lands. Retumbo & 215gm primers. Sub 1/2 moa.
7mm rem mag is my all around do all favorite. I have many rifles but 7mm rem mag is the most under rated cartridge around.

I don't shoot Bergers in my 7mm RM and I won't until they fix their meplats. I asked Berger why don't they fix them by pointing or tipping them. Their reply wasn't nice. Either way I'm shooting Hornady ELD-X with R22. Works great!

What is the problem with them?